Wednesday 14 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14-11-18: The Big Pow Wow.

14th November, 2018.


My hair is quite definitely a mess.

Which possibly means just the one thing, at the moment.

I’m going to have to wait for it.

As you’ll possibly know, by now?

I’m job-hunting: just started job-hunting, in fact.

So, right now?

I’m waiting to hear about any benefits I’m due: including when the first payment will get to me.

AND start the process of putting in any hardship payments.

AND moving various payments around. 

And … and … and … 

It’s an eternal and, frankly.

That … 

On top of the gap between my last wages from work — on Friday — and my first, full benefit payments.

Well … 

Time to get a move on … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The Apalachin‡ Meeting took place: on the 14th November of which year?
Q2) The meeting was a meeting of senior Italian American gangsters?   They are known as which M?
Q3) It took place in which US state?
Q4) Which mobster is said to have called the meeting: Santo Trafficante, Vito Genovese or Carlo Gambino?
Q5) Finally … ?   The meeting was called so the man who called it could be named as what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th November, 1901, was the date of the Caister Lifeboat Disaster.   Disaster, and lifeboat station, were on the coast of where: Norfolk, Suffolk or Essex?
A1) Norfolk.
Q2) The Mariner 9 craft went into orbit around Mars: on 13th November of which year … ?
A2) 1971.
Q3) 13th November, 1985, saw the eruption of the Nevado del Ruiz.   The Nevado del Ruiz is in which country?
A3) Colombia.
Q4) Same sex marriage was legalised on 13th November, 2013.   In which US state?
A4) Hawaii.
Q5) Terrorist attacks took place on 13th November, 2015.   In which French city?
A5) Paris.
Here’s a thought …
“Most of the charges were dropped but 20 mobsters were hit with conspiracy to obstruct justice charges, and were fined $10,000 each the following year.”
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I’m hoping s, Olga: I’ve an interview lined up for Monday: which has come along at the right time.   It’s easy to get to, so here’s hoping.   As for Kubrick?   The man was a cinematic genius, I think.   Hang on … this axe … ?   I’m impressed … !   (I’ve said it before, and I’ll probably say it again: Nicholson makes for a worrying good barfly …)


†        Cheers, Debbi: it’s going to be much needed, I think!   I’ve an interview lined up for Monday, I know that.   I also know there’s a discount rail scheme, if you’re out of work: I’ll need to look that up!   (Did I mention I saw The Fog, last night?   Rather good, I thought.)

‡        Apparently, it’s pronounced AP a LAKE in: rather than AP a LA chin.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1957
Q2) Mafia
Q3) New York
Q4) Vito Genovese
Q5) Capo dei capi
I've long thought that if I had to cast somebody as the devil, Jack Nicholson would be my choice (although it is getting old and I'm not so sure after the Witches of Eastwick). Good luck!!!

Debbi said...

Didn't know that about the pronunciation. Good luck with the interview! :)

1. 1957
2. Mafia
3. New York
4. Vito Genovese
5. capo dei capi or boss of all bosses

Nik Nak said...

I’ll make a confession, now.

Where I’ve had time on my hands, tonight?

I’ve watched a movie.

On the back of this teaser, about gangster?

I watched The Godfather