Monday 26 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26-11-2018: Simply The Best

26th November, 2018.


Yes: it’s a Monday morning … 

And, were I working, I’d be back at work.

Instead … ?

I will of course, be job hunting.

Theoretically?

I’m due to hear — either today or tomorrow — about a phone interview I’ve had.

Hopefully?   I’d get a face to face one, too.

Actually bagging the job would be nice.

It’s literally around the corner … !

I’m hopeful: but big enough to be realistic about these things.

We’ll see.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 26th November saw the birth of Tina Turner.   Under what name?
Q2) In which year was she born?
Q3) Which Tennessee town was she born in?
Q4) The town provided Tina with a huge hit: while working with her now ex-husband.   Who was he?
Q5) The first his for Tina and her husband was A Fool In Love.   Which year was it released in: 1959, 1960 or 1961?
Q6) 1965, saw the pair record a hit with Phil Spector.   What was that record?
Q7) Tina first started performing as solo artist in which year: 1977, 1978 or 1979?
Q8) In November, 1983, Tina had a hit with a cover of an Al Green song.   Which Al Green song?
Q9) Released in 1984, Tina’s fifth solo album was first first successful solo album.   What was it called?
Q10) Finally … ?   Who played Tina in the biopic, What’s Love Got To Do with It?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Battle of Red Fork took place on 25th November, 1876.  The battle saw US troops attack a village occupied by which tribe?
A1) The northern Cheyenne.
Q2) Pope Francis made his first official visit to Africa: on 25th November, 2015.   Which African country did he visit?
A2) Kenya.
Q3) 25th November, 1881, saw the birth of Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli.   He went on to become which Pope?
A3) John 23rd.
Q4) 25th November, 1953, saw the birth of producer, Mark Frost.   What was the name of the 1993 novel he wrote: a novel featuring Arthur Conan Doyle as a character?
Q5) Finally … Fidel Castro died on 25th November, 2016.   Which Caribbean country had he been leader of … ?
A5) Cuba.   (Is it me or does his photo on Wikipedia make him look like Liam Neeson?   No, ok, maybe not …)
Here’s a thought …
“I am strong. I lived through a divorce, separation from my family. I never let it break me down. I’m not an alcoholic. I’ve never smoked, I’ve never done drugs. I’ve floated through the disaster of my past clean. I arrived here undamaged.”
Tina Turner.
And a whole damn playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Cheers, Olga!   Here’s hoping something turns up!   (Ah HA!   The Ministry has extras!   That’s always welcome, although I don’t know if I’d be able to access them.   I have found out Alonso’s a Hapsburg-era tercio.   From what I could see from Wikipedia, he’d’ve been his era’s equivalent of something like the UK’s Parachute Regiment.   They’re not the SAS: but one of the regiments the SAS recruit from.)

†        I’m surprised you’ve not heard it, before, Debbi: it’s been floating around for a while.   I got very geeky, listening to it: “Oh, my god, that’s from Genesis of The Daleks!‡”.  Oh, by the way … ?   I’ve finished my review of The Witchfinders.   Boy, I’m glad I covered the Pendle witch trials!   (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman read about them, too: they lifted a couple of the names.)

‡        The “We Are The Superior Being” bit?   Is from episode six.   The actor providing the line is Roy Skelton: also known as Zippy from Rainbow.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Anna Mae Bullock
Q2) 1939
Q3) Nutbush
Q4) Ike Turner
Q5) 1960
Q6) River Deep – Mountain High
Q7) 1977
Q8) Let’s Stay Together
Q9) Private Dancer
Q10) Angela Bassett
Keep us posted! (Yes, I am not sure if the extra material will be available either. One of the characters in el Ministerio moves on, but it's not Alonso...)

Debbi said...

I look forward to watching the episode. :)

1. Anna Mae Bullock
2. 1939
3. Nutbush
4. Ike Turner
5. 1960
6. River Deep - Mountain High
7. 1977
8. Let's Stay Together
9. Private Dancer
10. Angela Bassett