Wednesday 21 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st November, 2018


21st November, 2018.

Right …

Right at the moment, I’ve managed to get up, half an hour earlier.

That way … ?

I can get the usual stuff done that I need to do.

Then head off for the interview I’m due to have in Harold Wood.

Or, at least, the nearby Harold Hill area.

Personally … ?

Getting there is no issue.

Finding the place … could be awkward … 

I’m hoping Google Maps can help!

At any rate … ?

This is not a day to be procrastinating, fannying about or playing silly buggers.

So, of course … 

Today’s the day Blogspot decides it’s going to give me gyp, uploading the photo and video … 

Wouldn’t you bloody well know it … ?


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Thirty-one people were killed, on 21st November, 1920, in the Irish city of Dublin: on a day known as Bloody … what?
Q2) 21st November, 2002, saw Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, all invited to join what?
Q3) 21st November, 1985, saw the end of a summit in Geneva: between the main super-powers.   It failed to reach agreement about what: Star Trek, Star Wars or The Matrix?
Q4) Who resigned as president: on 21st November, 2017?
Q5) Finally … ?   21st November, 1898, saw the birth of which Belgian painter?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Lusaka Protocol was signed: on 20th November, 1994.   It was the Ceasefire Agreement in which country’s civil war?
A1) Angola’s.
Q2) 170 people were taken hostage, on 20th November, 2015: in a hotel in Bamako.   Hotel, hostages and city, were in which African nation?
A2) Mali.
Q3) 20th November, 1978, saw which Liberal MP accused of being part of a murder plot?
Q4) One of the USSR’s most prolific serial killers was arrested: on 1990.   What was his name?
Q5) Finally … ?   20th November, 1750, saw the birth of Tipu Sultan.   The Sultan was ruler of which Indian state?
A5) The Kingdom of Mysore.
Here’s a thought …
“Everything else you grow out of, but you never recover from childhood.”
Beryl Bainbridge, 21 November 1932 – 2 July 2010.
And a album by birthday boy, Dr John: it’s one of my favourites, I should add‡.


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Fingers, legs, eyes, toes, major intestines, wires, cheques, es text … !   I’m crossing the lot, Olga!   Hopefully, I won’t fall over … (I’m thinking of a scene in Terry Pratchett’s Pyramids.   The main character’s a recently graduated assassin.   On his first job, he’s using a mirror to help put the complete kit on … and then topples over …)

†        Yeah … that sounds like a clue, Debbi … you notice I’m saying nothing … !?

‡        I think I owe Debbi Cartwright of Earthquest Photography a big thank you, there: she’s the one who gave me my first copy of Gris Gris.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Sunday
Q2) NATO
Q3) Star Wars
Q4) Robert Mugabe
Q5) René Magritte(Love his paintings!)
Good luck!

Debbi said...

Nice photos!

I should do travel photography. Actually, I was considering writing cartoons and/or graphic novels. :)

I'm working on turning Hamlet into a hardboiled mystery. We'll see where that goes. :)

1. Sunday
2. NATO
3. Star Wars
4. Robert Mugabe
5. René Magritte