Thursday 15 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th November, 2018

15th November, 2018.


Yep: I’m off job hunting, again, today.

Job hunting … 

And possibly trying to buy a tie: if I can find a plain(ish) one in any of Brentwood’s many charity shops.

I’ve long since lost any I’ve had!

~≈§≈~

In amongst everything else … ?

We now know what’s been rumoured for some time.

There is no Dr Who Christmas special, this year: instead, there’ll be one on New Years’ Day.

Personally?

I’m a little disappointed: I like the special where it was, as practically my whole family would watch, given us some valuable bonding time.

I get the feeling the actual episode will be superb: they have been, so far.

But … ?

New Year’s Day, rather than Christmas Day is something I don’t like the sound of.

~≈§≈~

Just as a last point … ?

I watched a movie, last night.

Frankly?

Given yesterday’s theme, digging up The Godfather seemed just the thing.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Yau Wai-ching and Baggio Leung were banned from their state’s Parliament: on 15th November, 2016.   Which country’s Parliament were they banned from?
Q2) Designed to give the Republic of Ireland more prominence in Northern Irish affairs, the Anglo Irish Agreement was signed on 15th November: of which year?
Q3) Intel released the first microprocessor on 15th November, 1971.   What was that processor called?
Q4) The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus declared itself independent on 15th November, 1983.   What’s the only country to have given it diplomatic recognition?
Q5) Finally … ?   15th November, 1738, saw the birth of William Herschel.   Which planet did he discover?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Apalachin Meeting took place: on the 14th November of which year?
A1) 1957.
Q2) The meeting was a meeting of senior Italian American gangsters?   They are known as which M?
A2) American Mafia.   (I always think of mobsters as a far more generic term.)
Q3) It took place in which US state?
A3) New York.
Q4) Which mobster is said to have called the meeting: Santo Trafficante, Vito Genovese or Carlo Gambino?
A4) Vito Genovese.
Q5) Finally … ?   The meeting was called so the man who called it could be named as what?
A5) Capo dei capi, Capo di tutti i capi or boss of all bosses.
Here’s a thought …
“The starlike appearance of the following six nebulæ is so considerable that the best description... was to compare them to stars with certain deficiencies.”
William Herschel, 15 November 1738 – 25 August 1822.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        You know, I’ve never actually seen Witches of Eastwick, Olga: I might just have to pencil it in. I know Pacino makes for an entertainingly angry Lucifer in The Devil’s Advocate.   I think the best I’ve seen?   Gabriel Byrne in End of Days.


†        Me neither, Debbi.   At ANY rate, I THINK I’m going to need luck … and a tie … !   Oh … I’ve found a b-movie for you …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Hong-Kong (city rather than country… It’s complicated).
Q2) 1985
Q3) 4004
Q4) Turkey (not difficult to guess)
Q5) Uranus
Yes, I know what you mean. Although it was over the top, I quite enjoyed Robert de Niro in Angel Heart (he makes eating a boiled egg look quite menacing). I'm not sure I like the Witches of Eastwick, although it has its moments...;) Good luck with the tie!

Debbi said...

Hmm ...! :) Good luck with the tie, etc.

1. Hong Kong
2. 1985
3. Intel 4004
4. Turkey
5. Uranus