Saturday 27 February 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27-2-2021: Polar Bear In the Air

27th February, 2021.



Did I mention my birthday on Thursday?

It’s my birthday on Thursday.

So you know!

At any rate … ?

My family’s bought me a new phone*: thanking you, everyone!

Now the case has been delivered?

I can start the process of setting the thing up.

I don’t know about you … but I always get nervous about that!

~≈‡≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡, Trevor^, Edithª and Debbiº putting in their answers: with Olga, and Trevor scoring five out of five, Edith and Debbi on four, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        27th February is International Polar Bear Day. What colour are polar bears: black, white or red?

Q2)        Where do polar bears live: the Arctic or Antarctic?

Q3)        Polar bears are hypercarnivorous. In other words, they mostly eat what: meat, plants or oil?

Q4)        A Polar bear is a marine … what: mammal, reptile or bird?

Q5)        Finally … ?   An Adult male polar bear is a boar.   An adult female is a sow.   What’s a young polar bear?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        26th February, 1616, saw the Roman Catholic Church ban a famous astronomer from teaching people that the Earth went around the what?
A1)        The sun.

Q2)        Which astronomer did they ban?
A2)        Galileo Galilei.

Q3)        That astronomer was from which Italian city: Rome, Pisa or Naples?
A3)        Pisa.

Q4)        Which arm of the Church banned him: the Inquisition, the Holy See or the Curia?
A4)        The Inquisition.   The Roman one: rather than the Portuguese or Spanish one.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The idea this astronomer presented was first presented by Aristarchus of Samos.   Aristarchus was from what’s now which European country: Greece, Italy or Croatia?
A5)        Greece.
Here’s an observation … 
“It has no natural predators and knows no fear of humans, making it an extremely dangerous animal.”
From the Encyclopedia Britannica entry on Polar Bears.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        It’s an Oppo A5 2020: in case you were wondering!   Apparently, the front mounted camera has AI beautification filter.   Nobody say a word about the orchestra!


†        Apparently, the Roman Inquisition did the deed, Olga.   What IS the Italian word for surprised?   And I know exactly what you mean about being careful, online: one wrong word can do so much damage!


‡        Hello, Mum!

^        I still say you can’t beat the Flying Fish, Trevor.   Mind you, their cod’s got smaller, recently!

ª        Morning, Edith.   How’s the day going … ?

º        You know, I’ve still not seen Broadchurch, yet, Debbi: I’ll have to catch up!   Hmmm … wasn’t Jodie Whittaker in that?   I keep thinking the producers hired Matt Smith because he worked with Billy Piper on The Ruby in the Smoke.   I’m wondering about John Boyega … 
Talking of The Prisoner?   I’ve picked up The Strange World of Gurney Slade: it’s supposed to have influenced The Prisoner, a little.   We’ll have to see!

6 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) White
Q2) The Arctic
Q3) Meat
Q4) Mammal
Q5) A cub
Yes, I also get anxious when changing the phone and setting it up. Mind you, I'm not a big fan of them, so tend to drag my feet as much as I can. (I'm not that keen on always being "on call" as it were. I hated it being a doctor, and can't see why I should enjoy it when I'm not even getting paid for it. Anyway...) I did check OPPO when I had to change my phone, and they looked good although perhaps too much for what I needed anyway, but in the end, I got a good offer from the phone company and I chose one of the phones they offered with the contract. My last one was so bad that anything is better! Do you have anything interesting planned for Thursday?

trev-v said...

A1 Black skin
A2 Arctic
A3 meat
A4 mammal
A5 Cubs

Funny buy a phone for some one who lives where there is no signal.


Freda said...

1 White
2 Arctic
3 Meat
4 Mammal
5 Cub

Debbi said...

Yes, Jodie Whittaker (sp?) was in Broadchurch. And she was great in that, as well as Attack the Block, which as you know, I enjoyed thoroughly! :)

An inspiration for The Prisoner? Sounds intriguing!

1. white
2. the Arctic
3. meat
4. mammal
5. a cub

And, yes, I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition! :)

Debbi said...

OMG! That is brilliant!

And definitely reminds me of The Prisoner. And the movie The Truman Show. Ever see that one? I think you'd like it, though it lacks that dry British wit. The dystopian aspect is creepy in the movie, and it's creepy in this show, but with a bit of a laugh, if you will. :)

To kind of paraphrase Ricky Gervais. :)

Edith said...

1.White
2. The Artic
3. Meat
4. Mammal
5. Cub

I have put away my groceries I am glad you have plenty of chicken stew. https://youtu.be/HyAxzqdyu7w