Friday 5 February 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th February, 2021.

5th February, 2021.


Ha!

It’s a Friday: which means I’ll be having fish and home made chips, tonight.

After I’ve been up town for another dental Hygeniest appointment.

Yes: I’m getting shinier teeth, a bit at a time!

~≈🦷≈~

Hmmm … 

There’s a possibility I may not have gotten the job*.

There’s been a possible problem with my references.

Partly, I suspect, because the deadline was late last night: a bit too tight.

Partly, because I’ve not update the contact details for a while: it’s been a while since I’ve needed to.

Partly … ?

Well, LORD knows!

But … ?

If anyone wants to volunteer to be a reference, I’d love to hear from you … !

~≈👨🏼‍🏫≈~

JUST as a thought … ?

You’ve realised I’m job hunting!

And on Universal Credit: receiving twenty pounds extra a week, as a result of an increase caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The increase is due to be withdrawn in April: which is something many are complaining about.

Many are also complaining about the proposed replacements.

Which, so far, have included a five hundred pound one off payment: and a one thousand pound one off payment.

I think these are nice ideas.

But the cash itself?

As I know from my own experience, the cash would last five minutes.

The £20 extra a week?   Would cost only a little more, per person: and would make life far more manageable, long term.

Surprisingly?

Pleasantly surprisingly?

Therese Coffey, MP, the current minister in charge of the Department of Work and Pensions, the department that administers Universal Credit?

Agrees: telling MPs that a “steady sum of money,” is her department’s preferred approach.

Personally?

I’m glad to hear one government minister sees sense.

~≈🪙≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡, Trevor^, Debbiª and Edithº putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, Debbi and Edith on five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        5th February, 2020, saw the death of Kirk Douglas.   His blog was hosted at which news side: the Sunday Times, the Huffington Post or the Dunny-on-the-Wold Pig Fertilisers Gazette?

Q2)        5th February is the feast day of Saint Agatha of where: Sicily, Marbella or Madagascar?

Q3)        5th February, 1914, saw the birth of William S. Burrows.   What did the S stand for … ?

Q4)        Charles 2nd was declared King of England and Scotland: on 5th February, 1649.   By the Parliament of where: England, Scotland or Ireland?

Q5)        Finally … ?   5th February, 1962, saw the birth of Jennifer Jason Leigh. She played Tralala in which 1989 movie?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        4th February is World Cancer Day: first marked in 2011.   The symptoms can include which unusual what: lumps, lees or lacing?
A1)        Lumps.

Q2)        You’re at risk of cancer if you’re obese. In other words, if you’re what: overweight or under weight … ?
A2)        Overweight.   (I’m very aware this is a risk: and have been on a weigh management programme for some time … )

Q3)        Human papillomavirus is linked to what: lung cancer, cervical cancer or thyroid cancer?
A3)        Cervical cancer.

Q4)        Cancers causes growths called neoplasms.   These growths are also known as which ‘T’?
A4)        Tumours: or tumors, in American English.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Treating cancer with drugs is known as which ‘C’?
A5)        Chemotherapy.
Here’s a thought … 
‘I love champions. A champion has something special about him.’
In Memoriam, Kirk Douglas, December 9, 1916 – February 5, 2020.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I managed to send over revised versions of my references, late last night.   And an additional one, this morning.   Hopefully, this may help.   It HAS been a touch fast, though.

†        That’s possibly a good thing, Olga.   Most of these website transfer seem to go well, but that one was a disaster!

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        I know what you mean, Trevor: weight’s an issue for me, too.   And it sounds like Penny’s got a rather assertive family!   (I just looked up the one wiesse beer we used to serve in the Essex.   It’s the one beer I ever sold that’s supposed to have lemon with it.   Which surprised me … )

ª        The Buzzcocks, Debbi?   Cue the music.   (The sad thing?   Is that Pete Shelley died a couple of years ago.)


º        Cheers, Edith: you’re an angel for saying so!   And I’m glad I could help with a tune!   Remind me to play you some Buzzcocks.
Here’s hoping my references go through!

5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 the Huffington Post
A2 Sicily
A3 Seward
A4 Scotland
A5 Last Exit to Brooklyn

Yes the Wright women were all assertive. Penny is the only one left. Patsy lived the whole of the 21st century with Lung cancer. She passed away in 2019. I think Peggy passed away in about 2007.
Patsy was born in the same year as me and she considered me her Big Brother. So she became my 6th sister.

Freda said...

1 Huffington Post
2 Madagascar
3 Stanley
4 England
5 Heart of Midnight

Olga said...

Q1) The Huffington Post
Q2) Sicily
Q3) Seward
Q4) Scotland
Q5) Last Exit to Brooklyn
Fingers crossed you're wrong about the job, and I hope they listen to common sense on the payments. ♥

Debbi said...

I'm marveling over the notion of a politician who makes sense. :)

1. the Huffington Post
2. Sicily
3. Seward
4. Scotland
5. Last Exit to Brooklyn

Edith said...

1.Huffington post
2. Sicily
3. Somerset
4. Scotland
5. single white Female
https://youtu.be/4pjPTfygX3U