Thursday 4 February 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-2-2021: World Cancer Day.

4th February, 2021.



It’s officially a Thursday … 

And … ?

I have to admit to a certain amount of boredom.


After all, this week’s seen a busy couple of days.

Still, there’s a possible upside: I had a meeting with my Work and Health case worker, yesterday.

There’s possibly a job available: working from home.

We’ll have to see how that goes.

I suspect I’m going to need to ask for a Windows based PC, at some point.

~≈👨🏻‍💻≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, Debbi on five out of five, Edith on four and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        4th February is World Cancer Day: first marked in 2011.   The symptoms can include which unusual what: lumps, lees or lacing?

Q2)        You’re at risk of cancer if you’re obese.   In other words, if you’re what: overweight or under weight … ?

Q3)        Human papillomavirus is linked to what: lung cancer, cervical cancer or thyroid cancer?

Q4)        Cancers causes growths called neoplasms.   These growths are also known as which ‘T’?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Treating cancer with drugs is known as which ‘C’?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        3rd February, 1690, saw the Massachusetts Colony introduce paper money.   What was the money called: the Massachusetts pound, dollar or yen?
A1)        The Massachusetts pound.

Q2)        3rd February, 1931, saw an earthquake hit Hawke’s Bay.   Region, and ’quake, were in which Australasian nation?
A2)        New Zealand.   (If memory serves?   Hawke’s Bay is New Zealand’s best known white wine region.)

Q3)        3rd February, 1988, saw UK workers go on strike for better pay.   Which workers: train drivers, nurses or teachers?
A3)        Nurses.

Q4)        Composer, Felix Mendelssohn, was born on 3rd February, 1809.   In what’s now which European country … ?
A4)        Germany.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Painter, Norman Rockwell was born on 3rd February, 1894.   In which US city: Chicago, Los Angeles or New York?
A5)        New York.
Here’s a thought … 
‘Most cancers are related to environmental, lifestyle, or behavioural exposures.’
From the Wikipedia entry, Causes of cancer.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

You can donate to Cancer Research UK, here: and to McMillan, here.

Other charities are available.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Never knew you were married, Trevor!

†        It’s happened, before, Olga.   I think it was the TSB bank that had exactly that issue!  Or someone did!   I know the TSB site was down for weeks, when they were bought out.

‡        Hello, Mum

^        Oh, Yes!   At any rate, Debbi, I’ve had my name forwarded for a potential home working job.   I’ve a nasty feeling I’ll need PC for it!

ª        I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, Edith: hopefully, you won’t snowed under!  (Oh, cheers for the tune!   And well done: five out of five, today!)

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) lumps
Q2) Overweight
Q3) Cervical cancer
Q4) Tumors
Q5) Chemotherapy
Good luck with the job! I was with TSB originally (one of my cousins worked there at the time) when I moved to the UK, but after the merge and then the separation again, only my savings account was left in TSB, and I closed it down when I moved here, so I didn't have many dealings with their website.

Freda said...

1 Lumps
2 Overweight
3 Lung cancer
4 ?
5 ?

trev-v said...

A1 lumps
A2 overweight - I am guilty of this
A3 cervical cancer
A4 Tumor
A5 Chemotherapy

Yes I was married to Anita on the 16th October 1971 until our decree absolute on 25th October 1989.
Penny and I met in late 1990 and on my first visit to Vancouver Penny’s mother Peggy and her very rich friend big Peggy arranged with out our notice . Penny and I had been on a tour of Vancouver Island and came back to the announcement of our wedding on the first Canadian public holiday. Well it is a public holiday in the English speaking parts of the country. It is Queen Victoria’s Birthday. Well we said we could not get married because I did not have my divorce papers with me.

Penny and I had only been together for about 9 months and we certainly thought it was too soon to get married.


Debbi said...

Figures, doesn't it? Not everyone is enlightened to the ways of Apple Computers! :)

1. lumps
2. overweight
3. cervical cancer
4. tumors
5. chemotherapy

I seem to have developed a liking for the Buzzcocks! :)

Edith said...

1 lumps
2.overweight
3. cervical cancer
4.Toumers
5. Chemotherapy.

I am going to be okay. I wish you good fortune in finding a job.
You are welcome for the song.