Friday 19 February 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19th February 2021 Teaser

19th February, 2021.


It’s official: I got the email from the NHS, yesterday.

I’m now officially vulnerable, and have to shield until 31st March.

Which is presumably when we get further instructions.

I’m … bloody annoyed.

We have to stay indoors as a result of lockdown … and now I have to stay seriously indoors: only being allowed out for exercise.

Oh, and medical appointments.

Quite what’s supposed to happen with shopping, I don’t know: it’s one of the few times I do get some exercise!

The job hunting’s been affected, I know that: I know can only apply for jobs that are worse from home: or would allow me to work from home.

That’s had an effect.

I’ve had to get in touch with the Job Centre: so I can let them know what’s going on, and introduce myself to my new case worker.

That’s on the 3rd March.

I’ve ALSO had to let my Shaw Trust/Health and Work case worker, know.   He’s re-booked my next phone meeting: it’s been moved from 3rd March, to the 29th.

He’s going to be sending me suitable stuff in the mean time.

Which would be a first.

Frankly?

I’m not happy about it.

Stuck indoors isn’t good!

I can only hope I get news of a vaccine, bloody quickly!

~≈🦠≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The Belitung Shipwreck was first exhibited on 19th February, 2011.   The wreck contained cargoes from Tang Dynasty where: Saudi Arabia, China or Singapore?

Q2)        19th February, 1967, saw the birth of actor, Benicio del Torro.   He appeared as Dario in which James Bond film: The Living Daylights, License to Kill or GoldenEye?

Q3)        19th February, 2021, is a Friday.   When was 19th February last a Friday?

Q4)        19th February, 1980, saw the birth of Chinese sportsman, Ma Lin.   What does he play: tennis, table tennis or Beer Pong?

Q5)        Finally … ?   19th February, 1473, saw the birth of astronomist, Nikolaus Copernicus.   In what’s now which European country?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        18th February, 1931, saw the birth of author, Toni Morrison.   Her first novel, The Bluest Eye, was published in which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1970.

Q2)        The original Church of Scientology was founded on 18th February, 1954: by writer, L. Ron Hubbard.   In which West Coast US city?
A2)        Los Angeles.

Q3)        Paddington and Victoria stations were bombed: on the morning of 18th February, 1991.   By whom: the Provisional IRA, al Qaeda or the Michigan Militia?
A3)        The Provisional IRA.

Q4)        18th February, 2021, is Konudagur: or Wife’s Day.   In which Island nation: Greenland, Iceland or Malta?
A4)        Iceland.

Q5)        Finally … ?   18th February, 2013, saw fifty million dollars worth of diamonds stolen from where: Heathrow airport, Brussels airport or LaGuardia airport?
A5)        Brussels airport.
Here’s a thought … 
“Thus indeed, as though seated on a royal throne, the sun governs the family of planets revolving around it.”
Nicolaus Copernicus, 19 February 1473 – 24 May 1543.
And a song …


I’m not sure the castanets work: but that’s just me …

 Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I’ve got to admit, I’ve never read any Toni Morrison, Olga: I’ll have to keep my eyes open for her.   And Octavia Butler, as well!   At any rate?   The test went well.   Getting the email was … well … !   
Give my congratulations to Little Anna, please: sound likes she really does have a good teacher!

†        They told me the same thing at the optician’s, Trevor: “Don’t drive!”   Thankfully … … 
Oh, when did you get your first jab, out of curiosity?   I think mine might be shifting!

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        Ah … mushrooms, Debbi?   I think we’re going to have sauce issues!   Or badger ones … !

5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 China
A2 License to Kill
A3 2016
A4 Table Tennis
A5 Poland

I had my first jab at 11.00 on Saturday 6th February. I was in and out of the Brentwood Centre in under 4 minutes because I was given the AstraZeneca vaccine. My second dose is at the same time on May 1st. If you are given the Pfizer's version you have to sit around for 15 minutes after been given the vaccine. I only have one slight side effect of my jab. I grew a second head. It means that I am constantly arguing with my self.



Olga said...

Q1) I’m not really sure what you’re asking here. It’s probably me. They are replacing a general drain that goes through our patio, and in the front of the building they are placing safety netting because there’ve been bits of the façade falling down, and it needs to be refurbished. So there’s noise at the front and at the back and my brain is melting. I’m not sure if you’re asking where the Tang Dynasty is from (China), where the wreck was found (in the Singapore Strait)… or something else (I know the ship is an Arabian dhow, but I don’t think it has anything to do with Saudi Arabia).
Q2) Licence to Kill
Q3) 2016
Q4) Table tennis
Q5) Poland
The sheltering is probably wise, but it's not good news at a personal level, that's for sure. Here when the original lockdown was imposed we couldn't go out even for exercise. We were allowed out for food shopping, and people who had animals could take them out for a walk, (and people doing certain jobs were allowed to go to work) but that was it. I think it took 6 weeks before they allowed us out for exercise.
Take care, and yes, I hope you hear about the vaccine soon (although I think their strategy of distancing the two doses means that the period you need to wait for a full effect is longer, if they are still implementing that).

Freda said...

1 China
2 License to Kill
3 1917
4 Table Tennis
5 Poland

Edith said...

! China
2 Living Daylights
3 1986
4 Beer Pong
5 Italy

https://youtu.be/jSabMn5UXKo This song is from a wonderful version of Little Red Riding Hood.

It is extra creepy after the past several years. This is PG. The character has sold his heart and soul to possess the power of the wolf.

Debbi said...

That badger video is almost as weird as Cyriak. :) Remember Cyriak's cat videos?

1. China
2. License to Kill
3. 2016
4. table tennis
5. Poland