Thursday 25 February 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25-2-2021: Queue8

25th February, 2021.


Did I mention I was supposed to have a set of blood tests, yesterday?

I was supposed to have a set of blood tests, yesterday.

At Brentwood’s community hospital.

Except I didn’t.

The two phlebotomists that usually do these things?   Had no record of the appointment.

Neither did my surgery: when I asked on the way back.

Frankly?   I’m going to have to phone them up: and see what on Earth happened!

~≈🛠≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on two and Edith on zero.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        25th February is the national day of Kuwait.   What’s the capital of Kuwait?

Q2)        Kuwait’s main languages are versions of what: Chinese, English or Arabic?

Q3)        Kuwait’s currency is the Kuwaiti what: rouble, dinar or pound?

Q4)        Roughly three-quarters of Kuwaiti’s people practise which religion: Christianity, Islam or Buddhism?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Al Kuwait, Al Qadsia and Kazma are Kuwaiti what: cricket teams, football teams or snooker tournaments?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        24th February, 2006, saw the death of Octavia E. Butler.   Her first novel, Patternmaster, was published in which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1976.

Q2)        24th February is Independence Day in Estonia.   Marking its independence from where: the Russian Empire, the USSR or the Russian Federation?
A2)        The Russian Empire.

Q3)        The impeachment of the first US President to face the process, started on 24th February, 1868.   Who was that President?
A3)        Andrew Johnson.

Q4)        24th February is Dragobete.   Dragobete is a traditional holiday in which European country: Romania, Hungary or Bulgaria?
A4)        Romania.

Q5)        Finally … ?   24th February, 1948, saw the birth pf actor, Dennis Waterman. In which series did he play Gerry Standing: The Sweeney, Minder or New Tricks?
A5)        New Tricks.
Here’s a thought … 
“Kuwait is the mother and father, Earth and it's supplies. She is the past, present and future.”
Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I have a confession, Trevor: any time someone mentions the Canadian Goose, I start thinking about The Mysterious Planet, the opening story in Trial of a Timelord.   UK Habitats of the Canadian Goose, by H.M. Stationary-Office is one of the planet’s holy books.   Only Robert Holmes … !

†        It sounds like Spain’s monarchy’s has a bit too much slack, Olga.   I don’t think the Queen’s quite that bad: but certainly Prince Andrew’s the problem child.   (Google Translate tell me ‘black sheep of the family,’ is ‘La oveja negra de la familia.’   Whether that’s correct … !?   Is a whole other issue)

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        An avatar, Debbi?   That sounds more like a computer/console game: rather than the pen-and-paper ones I played.   Things like Tunnels and Trolls, or Runequest.
Can you post the link to your review?   I’d love to know what you thought.   (Oh … Britt Eklund was dubbed … and had a body double for that scene!)
Which reminds me, I’ve got Dick Spanner: PI on order.   It’s the one Gerry Anderson show that wasn’t aimed at kids!


ª        Hi, Edith: how IS the day?   (Sorry about the score: I think yesterday’s set was rougher than I rhought!)

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Kuwait City
Q2) Arabic
Q3) Dinar
Q4) Islam
Q5) Football teams
Oveja negra is right, actually. I know what you mean. I hope you sort the mystery of the blood test. Here there is an App that allows people to check their health data, test results, appointments, etc. I haven't used it yet, but my cousin was telling me she had managed to get herself registered to get the health information for her mother (who suffers from Alzheimer's) and her daughters, so she can keep an eye on things and make sure she doesn't miss anything. I must get my mother's info as well, as she doesn't really do Apps. Next time she goes to the doctor's I'll go with her.
It sounds as if such an App would be useful as well.

trev-v said...

A1 Kuwait City
A2 Arabic
A3 Dinar
A4 Islam
A5 football teams

One of my first memories of my first visit to Vancouver was Penny’s mum Peggy trying to quieten the Canada Geese who were congregated on the underside of the Granville Bridge so that the Penny and I could sleep in. It is a very big bridge and there were hundreds of Canada Geese on the girders.



https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/vancouver-granville-island-under-granville-bridge-canada-vancouver-granville-island-under-granville-bridge-159028251.jpg

Peggy’s apartment was in the Blue building right under the bridge. It was behind the Yacht Club.


Freda said...

1 Kuwait City
2 Arabic
3 Pound
4 Islam
5 Cricket Teams

Debbi said...

Okay, Paul. Prepare for major spoilers, etc.! :)

1. Kuwait City
2. Arabic
3. dinar
4. Islam
5. football teams

And, well, I love Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward. And, yes, Ingrid Pitt! :)

But ...!

https://debbimacktoo.wordpress.com/2021/02/25/my-review-of-the-wicker-man-1973/

It's also on this Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/my-review-of-man-48018455

BTW, I spent most of the day going to and from NIH, waiting there to be fitted with a new splint and treated, then upon coming home, deleted 90% of my emails, ate a quick meal, and served as a mock trial judge in a virtual mock trial, after a super-quick review of the trial materials.

It's been quite a day.

I'm also the proud owner of yet another new hand splint, which will no doubt break. :)

Never mind. I'm sure it'll all be just fine. :)

Debbi said...

Love the "Dick Spanner, PI" intro. :)

Also, didn't know realize Britt Ecklund used a body double for that scene! Very convincing. :)