Q1)Harun al-Rashid became the fifth Abbasid Caliph on 14th September AD786. His epithet, al-Rashid is usually translated into English as what: ‘the rightly-guided’, ‘the victorious’ or ‘the wise?’
Q2)The Bishop Gore School was founded on 14th September, 1682. It’s one of the UK’s oldest schools, and is in which country of the UK: England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland?
Q3)The late Sam Neill was born on 14th September, 1947. 1998 saw him playing a version of which wizard: Gandalf, Merlin or Ogion the Silent?
Q4)Fred ‘Sonic’ Smith was born on 14th September, 1948. He was married to whom: Patti Smith, Debbi Harry or Jane County?
Q5)Finally … ? 14th September is Hindi Day. Where: China, India or Syria?
Q5)Finally … ? The Famine’s called An Gorta Mór in the local language. The phrase’s translate’s into English as ‘the Great’ … what: Hunger, Death or Spud?
“People think I like partying, but I actually don’t like going out. I’m a homebody. I like chilling in with friends and playing PlayStation 3 Pro Evolution Soccer.”
Tinchy Stryder, born 14 September 1986.
And a song …
The next ten question set is on 9th October: it’s about The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’sTeaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (5/5, yesterday: well done!)
† No you’re not, Debbi: you’re over there … !!!!!!
Yes, you mentioned both, Debbi: but I’d guessed the Famine would’ve had something to do with it …
Yes, unfortunately. And the news continues to worsen on this side of the pond.
But enough of that, eh? :)
1. wise 2. Wales 3. Merlin 4. Patti Smith 5. India
My fingers feel slightly disconnected from my hand, but I think my typing is improving. Gotta look on the bright side. Always look on the bright side of life!
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 The Wise
ReplyDelete2 Wales
3 Merlin
4 Patti Smith
5 India
Yes, unfortunately. And the news continues to worsen on this side of the pond.
ReplyDeleteBut enough of that, eh? :)
1. wise
2. Wales
3. Merlin
4. Patti Smith
5. India
My fingers feel slightly disconnected from my hand, but I think my typing is improving. Gotta look on the bright side. Always look on the bright side of life!
All together now! :)