Friday, 14 January 2011

Great Balls Of Fire: What MORE do I say … ?

You know before I go any further, can I make a confession, or two … ?

One of them … ?

Is simply that I’ve opened up one or two posts like that …

The other … ?

Is that I find the iTunes 10•1•1 Dock icon very similar to the Mac App Store icon.

I’m not complaining too much.

Firstly … ?

Because I can always move the two icons further apart, just to make sure I don’t get them mixed up.

And secondly … ?

I’ve found a freebie on there, called Pangea Arcade — Pangeasoft’s take on three old arcade games — that’s an absolute stunner.

Especially the one called Nucleus.

Shoaib, Myles, don’t go near it, trust me, you’ll get really distracted!!!!!!!!

Actually, if it was a movie … ?

Well …

I’m tempted to burble, I really am …

If you’ve got a Mac, complete with Snow Leoprad 10•6•6 and up … ?

GO GET NOW ★★★★

»»•««

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

I actually meant to tell you that Movie Night Adrian, Squeaky and I got a touch retro last night.

Depending on how you define retro, of course …

You see, Adrian managed to wonder over with the 1989, Jim McBride directed biopic that is — was … ? — Great Balls of Fire.

You’ve not seen it … ?

You can probably tell who it’s about, given the title …

Great Balls of Fire charts the early rise of Rock & Roll icon, Jerry Lee Lewis, played by Dennis Quaid.

Going from his early childhood friendship with his cousin, Jimmy Swaggart, it shows us how the pianist — and noted early hellraiser — is signed by Sam Phillips of Sun Records: and shows us the Killer’s career rapidly going up …

And almost as rapidly hitting the rocks, when, touring England a few years later, news that Jerry Lee has married his cousin leaks.

His thirteen year old cousin …

»»•««

You can understand why there was a bit of a rumpus, can’t you … ?

Granted, I know they did things differently in the southern US, back then …

»»•««

At any rate …

At any, rate, Great Balls of Fire, is a very entertaining film entertaining film, well worth catching.

Especially given the soundtrack.

I think we can leave the man himself to comment, can’t we … ?

Great Balls O’ Fire … ?

Keeper ★★★☆



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.