Wednesday 12 January 2011

The Daily Teaser …

You know, I’ve got to confess — he says — that yesterday’s Q3 was a complete coincidence.
No, seriously …

I mean, me … ?

Throw in a question about Brisbane … ?

After seeing all the attention it’s getting, given the floods … ?

Naaah

Really … !

Lets get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, let’s …

Before I tell you I’m going to visit me nephew, tonight …

(He’s definitely frowning in that photo, isn’t he … ? I think he’s camera shy … )

||»»•««||

I’ve got to admit, yesterday’s Teaser was absolutely dead: I’m just hoping today’s gets an audience.

Here we are, then: here’s today’s questions, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 12th January, 1895, saw the founding of which UK non-government-organisation … ?

Q2) 12th January, 2001, saw the first foreign manager to take charge of the England football team go into post: what was his name … ?

Q3) January 12th, 1872, saw the coronation of Yohannes 4th of where … ?

Q4) 14th January, 1976, saw the death of the world’s most popular writer: who was she … ?

Q5) More to the point, what was the name of the record-breaking play that writer wrote … ?

Q6) And finally … 12th January, 1918, saw laws in Finland go into effect that gave who full Finnish citizenship?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 11th January, 1571, saw Austrian nobility granted the freedom of what: freedom of religion, freedom of speech, or the Freedom of the city of Manchester?
A1) Freedom of religion.

Q2) 11th January, 1879, saw the start of a war between the British Empire, and who … ?
Q2) The Zulu. (And Kaiju, if you, Trevor and Suzie haven’t done a Michæl Caine impersonation, I’ll be disappointed … )

Q3) 11th January, 1986, saw the formal opening of the Gateway Bridge, in Brisbane, Australia: in which Australia state is Brisbane … ?
A3) Queensland.

Q4) 11th January, 2008, saw the death of which mountaineer … ?
A4) Sir Edmund Hillary.

Q5) And finally … 11th January, 1994, saw the Irish government lift a broadcasting ban on who … ?
A5) The IRA.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …

After I’ve crossed me fingers in the hope an old friend in Wales isn’t covered by those severe weather warnings

1 comment:

Kaiju said...

1. The National Trust
2. Swede, Sven Goran Eriksson became national coach to the outrage of many England supporters.
3. Yohannes IV of Ethiopia
4. Agatha Christie
5. Murder on the Orient Express
6. Jews