Thursday, 17 September 2015

The Daily Teaser — 17-9-2015: The Baron …

Now, it HAS to be said … 

I’ve now got a set-top box wired into the rat’s nest that I call my TV set.

Everything’s happily working.

I have, though, a couple of questions.

Can anyone suggest a good app, that will let me turn the recordings I make onto USB stick, into stuff I can then watch on my phone, Apple TV and computer?

That’s one.

The other … ?

Is ‘What on Earth did I record, last night?’   I really have NO idea … !

~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: and scoring six out of seven.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 17th September saw Baron von Richthofen win his first aerial combat: during which year of World War 1?
Q2) The fight took place over which French town: Lille, Cambrai or Dunkirk?
Q3) One of the men he shot down was Captain Tom Rees.   Captain Rees was a member of what: the British Army, the Royal Air Force or the Royal Navy?
Q4) Over all, the Baron made how many confirmed kills: sixty, eighty or one hundred?
Q5) What was Baron von Richthofen’s first name?
Q6) He was also known as the ‘Bloody’ … what?
Q7) Von Richthofen’s title — Freiherr, the German equivalent to Baron — translates as what: free man, free lord or free mason?
Q8) The squadron von Richthofen led became known as Baron von Richthofen’s Flying … what?
Q9) “10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or more,” is a line from a song about the Baron: released by The Royal Guardsmen.   What was the song called?
Q10) Finally … The Baron was mentioned in the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip, as the flying enemy of who: Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty or Snoopy?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 16th September is Independence Day: in Mexico.   It’s known as the Grito de … what?
A1) Dolores.
Q2) More to the point, what’s Mexico’s national language?
A2) Spanish.
Q3) 16th September saw the UK exit Europe’s ERM: the Exchange Rate … what?
A3) Mechanism.
Q4) What did the ERM govern?
A4) European currencies.
Q5) 16th September, 1977, saw the death of singer, Marc Bolan.   What was the last T Rex album issued, during Bolan’s lifetime?
Q6) 16th September, 1948, saw the birth of drummer, Kenney Jones.   Jones drummed for The Faces, the Small Faces, The Jones Gang, The Law … and who else?
A6) The Who.
Q7) Finally … 16th September, 1959, saw the Xerox 914 demonstrated on live TV.   The machine was the first commercially successful what?
I’ll leave you with this thought … 
“The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down.”
Baron von Richthofen.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day … !









*        Marc Bolan … ?   Blimey, there’s a thing, Debbi!   (I know I used to have the Osmonds  as imaginary friends … ?   Oh, and I always thought Debbi Harry was cute …)

1 comment:

  1. Debbie Harry rocks! :)

    1. 1916
    2. Cambrai
    3. the Royal Air Force
    4. 80
    5. Manfred
    6. Red Baron
    7. free lord
    8. Circus
    9. Snoopy v. The Red Baron
    10. Snoopy

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.