Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Daily Teaser — 15-12-2015

You know, that 2:30 to 8:30 shift I did yesterday?   And repeating, today?

Well, I’m not complaining, too much.

The fact I’m working, and can can afford to buy Christmas presents, is fine.

But, my word, those 2:30 to 8:30 are awkward ones!

It’s too late in the afternoon and evening to get any thing done: at least anything extensive.

At least, that’s my opinion.

Still …

If nothing else, yesterday’s shift went well enough.   I can only hope that’s added to my up selling record …

~≈É≈~

But let’s get a move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video

Q1) 15th December, 1994, saw Palau join the United Nations.   Palau is in which ocean?
Q2) Industrialist, Jean Paul Getty, was born: on 15th December, 1892.   The art museum that bears his name is in which US city?
Q3) DJ, Alan Freed was born on the 15th December, 1921.   The man who coined the term rock and roll, was nicknamed ‘Moon’ what: Unit, Dog or Bass?
Q4) 15th December, 1890, saw the death of holy man, and tribal chief, Sitting Bull: in a struggle with police.   Sitting Bull was a member of the Hunkpapa: a division of which Sioux people?
Q5) Finally … Nicaragua signed the Buenos Aires Convention: on 15th December, 1913.   The Convention covers what: chemical weapons, copyright or drug smuggling?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The Santiago Bernabau Stadium staged its first game of football.   Which Spanish club is the Bernabau home to?
A1) Real Madrid.
Q2) 28 people were shot, at the Sandy Hook Elementary School: on 14th December, 2012.   The school, and the town it’s in, are in which US state?
A2) Connecticut.
Q3) The Millau Viaduct, the world’s tallest bridge, was inaugurated on 14th December, 2004.   The bridge is in which European country?
A3) France.
Q4) 14th December, 1935, saw the birth of actress, Lee Remick.   In which 1976 film did she play Katherine Thorn?
A4) The Omen.
Q5) 14th December, 1546, saw the birth of astronomer, Tyco Brahe.   Famously, he had an artificial what: leg, nose or hand?
A5) Nose.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.”
J. Paul Getty, December 15, 1892 – June 6, 1976.
And this tune‡ …


Have a good day …







*        Yep: it’s finished, Debbi.   I’ve just got the last few bits of wrapping to do … (Might JUST have to get one last thing, though, for a neighbour: they’s managed to take in a lot of packages for me!!)

†        Oh, I got some, Olga!   But, boy, I’ll be looking forward to some time off … !

‡        Is it me, or does Dave Clark, at that age, look like Walter Koenig?   Could be jut me …

Walter Koenig
Dave Clark

3 comments:

Debbi said...

There is an interesting resemblance! :)

1. Pacific
2. Los Angeles
3. Dog
4. Lakota
5. copyright

trev-v said...

Good god you are not working proper shifts.

I come from a steel town and the shifts to keep the steel works moving are 06.00 to 14.00, 14.00 to 22.00 and 22.00 to 06.00. These are supplemented by folks working the day shift which was 07.30 to 16.00.

Of course the soft office workers (such as I was when I worked there) worked 09.00 to 17.30 and for the first 2 Saturdays when I worked there 09.00 to 12.30.

Start and end times were announced to the whole town by steam driven buzzers which could be heard about 15 miles away from the steel works.

Trevor.

Olga said...

Q1) Pacific Ocean
Q2) Los Angeles
Q3) Dog
Q4) Lakota
Q5) Copyright
I think you're right about how alike they look...:)