Sunday 27 December 2015

The Daily Teaser — 27-12-2015

Right … That’s ANOTHER email sent to CBS’s legal team.

As you probably know, I’ve posted up a clip from Penny Dreadful to YouTube: in order to a point about the show, in the review.

CBS, as the show’s ultimate copyright owners?   Objected.

Even OVER my pointing out I have a Fair Use claim.

They quite decidedly have suggested two separate course of action!

Hopefully … ?   I can find out which one they want and get on with things.

~≈Â≈~

At ANY rate … ?

At any rate, and in the meantime, I’ve set up the fourth generation Apple TV I’ve been given for Christmas.

I HAVE to say, the remote takes a little getting used to.   But does works well, and is intuitive to use, when you have.   It took me about five minutes.

Saying that … ?   I’m still tempted to get another: JUST in case.   Oh … I’m ALSO tempted to get a game controller for it.

Some of the casual games you can get for it are SERIOUSLY up my street!

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 27th December, 1977, saw the original version of Star Wars debut in the UK.   What’s the new Star Wars movie called?
Q2) Eight people were killed, in England’s worst avalanche: on the 27th December, 1836.   The avalanche was in which Sussex town?
Q3) Jana Gana Mana is sung on the 27th December, 1911: for the first time.   Which country’s national anthem is it?
Q4) 27th December, 1966, saw the discovery of the Cave of Swallows: in Mexico.   Name either of the species that make up most of the cave’s bird population.
Q5) Finally … 27th December, 1901, saw the birth of comedy actress, Irene Handl.   In which Peter Sellers film did she play Mrs Kite?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 26th December is Boxing Day: also known as the Feast of Saint Stephen.   The saint apparently died in which Middle Eastern city?
A1) Jerusalem.
Q2) The day’s also called Wren’s Day: in which country of the British Isles?
A2) Ireland.
Q3) England’s Premier League, Scotland’s Premiership and the Northern Irish NIFL Premiership, all play matches on Boxing Day.   The three organizations in question play which sport?
A3) Football.   (Soccer, for our American cousins.)
Q4) In the UK, Boxing Day is a public holiday: known as a Bank Holiday.   Bank holidays were officially legislated for, by the Bank and Financial Dealings Act of when: 1971, 1973 or 1975?
A4) 1971.
Q5) Finally … 26th December is the usual date of the Boxing Day Challenge: between the Dewsbury Rams and the Batley Bulldogs.   What sport are they playing: Rugby Union, Rugby League or American Football?
A5) Rugby League.
I’ll leave you with this thought, from Ms Dietrich …
“The legs aren’t so beautiful, I just know what to do with them.”
Marlene Dietrich, 27 December 1901 – 6 May 1992.
And this tune … 


Have a good Sunday.

I’m going to have another go at Crossy Road … 
















*        You’re not wrong, there, Debbi.   You REALLY don’t want to poke around in my wish list!   (No, wait, it’s GAME CONTROLLERS!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Q2) Lewes (I lived nearby when I studied at Sussex University. We had floods at the time and plenty of the library’s books stored there were ruined).
Q3) India
Q4) white-collared swifts (vencejos in Spanish) and green parakeets (periquillo quila)
Q5) I’m All Right Jack
I'm pleased you're happy with your presents. I'm not much of a games person and don't have enough time to catch up on my reading as it is. I hope the situation with CBS is sorted eventually (somebody I know shared another person's post and they made her pay for a picture that she hadn't shared originally, just for reproducing it. I always understood that it's fair use to quote from a source for a review but I don't do video reviews (at least not yet)... If in doubt don't is what I'm going with after reading some horror stories...

Debbi said...

Want to hear something really nuts? Someone claimed ownership of a public domain film I put up on my YouTube channel. Bizarre! :)

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
2. Lewes
3. India
4. white-collared swifts and green parakeets
5. I'm All Right Jack

Alexis Kingston was awesome in the Christmas special!!!