Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Daily Teaser — 2-12-2015

Oh, BLAST … !

There’s me with egg on my face!

I spent a lot of yesterday, trying to complain to BT about my broadband usage.

I’d gone over my broadband limit: and felt this was no fault of mine.

As it turns out … ?

As it turns out, the fault was definitely mine.

As it turns out … ?   When I rented Terminator: Genesys from iTunes, I’d rented the HD version, rather than the SD version: with the former being much larger than the latter, and chewing up more of my limit.

And adding to the bill, for this month.

Can you do me a favour?

Remind me NOT to do that … !

~≈‰≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring six out of six.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video


Q1) 2nd December, 1971, saw the formal founding of the United Arab Emirates.   Name any of the member Emirates.
Q2) Barney Clark became the first person to receive an artificial heart: on 2nd December, 1982.   At a University in which US state?
Q3) The Touro Synagogue was dedicated: on 2nd December, 1763.   The first synagogue in what was to become the USA is in what’s now which US state?
Q4) 2nd December, 1942, saw a team start the world’s first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction: at the Manhattan Project.   The team was led by which noted Italian physicist?
Q5) Finally … The Ford Motor Company started selling its replacement for the Model T: on 2nd December, 1927.   What WAS that replacement?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 1st December, 2013, saw the launch of the Chang’e 3 mission: to the Moon.   Which country’s space agency launched it?
A1) China’s.
Q2) The mission’s Luna Rover was called Yutu: or Jade … what?
A2) Rabbit.
Q3) 1st December, 1761, saw the birth of Marie Tussaud: the creator of the famous waxworks museum in London.   The first waxwork she created was a model of which French philosopher?
A3) Voltaire.
Q4) Sections of the Channel Tunnel met, under-sea: on 1st December, 1990.   The tunnel connects Britain to which European country?
A4) France.
Q5) 1st December is Worlds AIDS Day.   What colour ribbon does one wear, to mark the occasion?
A5) A red ribbon.
Q6) Finally … 1st December, 1999, saw the Human Genome Project announce it had mapped which of humanity’s chromosomes: 20, 21 or 22?
A6) 22.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Tennis is pretty unforgiving if you are carrying weight. You are expected to wear short skirts, and you are compared to all these 16 and 17-year-olds.”
Monica Seles, born December 2, 1973.
And this tune …



Have a good day … !











*        Will do, Debbi!   (I keep meaning to travel more than I do … !)

†        Fair enough, Olga: don’t work TOO hard … ! :D

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I know the feeling! :)

1. Dubai
2. Utah
3. Rhode Island
4. Enrico Fermi
5. Model A

Olga said...

Q1) Abu Dhabi
Q2) Utah
Q3) Rhode Island
Q4) Enrico Fermi
Q5) Model A
I haven't bought any presents yet, although I don't have many to buy. I get unlimited internet access because I use a ton just for work reasons... (when I've tried other options when I've gone abroad it would cost me a fortune if I were to use the same amount).