Tuesday 7 January 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7th January, 2020.

7th January, 2020.


It’s officially true.

I’ve been very good … and donated to charity.

Actually, no.

Before you ask, I’ve not actually donated cash.

I have to confess that, like a lot of book lovers?

I’ve got shelves of them: and, over time, you build up more.

To the point where getting rid of some is about your only option.

I spent a chunk of my morning, yesterday, carting three bags full in a couple of shops, yesterday.

I can only hope they go to good homes.

~≈†≈~

You’ve possibly realised I’ve caught the Joaquin Phoenix cut of Joker, haven’t you?


And thoroughly enjoyed it, I have to say.

I think my good review’s been justified.

Joker has received eleven nominations at this year’s BAFTAs …

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga on four out of five, and Debbi on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 7th January, 1948, saw pilot, Thomas Mantell, crash his plane.   Whilst in hot pursuit of a what?
Q2) Japan launched its Sakigake probe on 7th January of which year?
Q3) 7th January, 1928, saw the birth of writer, William Peter Blatty.   He wrote the script for which of the Pink Panther films?
Q4) 7th January, 1947 saw the birth of publisher, Tony Elliot.   The publishing group he founded is responsible for which magazine: Vogue, the Big Issue or Time Out?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which tourist attraction was closed for safety reasons: on 7th January, 1990?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 6th January, 1967, saw the birth of composer, A. R. Rahman.   He’s composed the score for which 2020 English language film?
A1) Le Musk.
Q2) 6th January, 1955, saw the birth of Rowan Atkinson.   What was the name of the first series he appeared in … ?
Q3) 6th January, 1946, saw the first general election held in which country?
A3) Vietnam: in the parts controlled by what later became North Vietnam.
Q4) The first airline to offer a Round-the-world ticket did so on 6th January, 1947.   Which airline was it?
A4) Pan-Am.
Q5) Finally … ?   President Zviad Gamsakhurdia fled his country: as a result of a military coup that ended on 6th January, 1992.   What was that country?
A5) Georgia.
Here’s a thought …
“When people ask me that, I say I don’t want to be remembered. It means I’m no longer around.”
Lewis Hamilton, born 7 January 1985.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Fireworks!   Now THAT looks like a blast, Olga!   You have to love a dragon, as well!   At any rate … ?   The date’s through for the interview: now all I have to do is arrange the funding for the ticket.   I might just have to send my work coach an Emil!

†        It’s another cracker of an episode, Debbi.   And quite dark.   Sacha Dhawan’s a great piece of casting … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) A UFO
Q2) 1985
Q3) A Shot in the Dark (I knew about the Exorcist, like everybody else, but didn’t realise he had written comedies as well).
Q4) Time Out. I’m quite a fan and used to buy it when I first arrived in the UK. I managed to get quite a few tickets to watch previews of films thanks to that (the most memorable, Reservoir Dogs)
Q5) The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Good luck with getting the funding and with the interview, Paul. With regards to the Rowan Atkinson question, I saw that the first programme he’s worked on was Not the Nine O’clock News, but for some reason, in my head, a series as applied to TV has to be fiction (that’s probably because in Spanish we wouldn’t talk about “una serie” but simply another kind of programme if there is no story that follows from one week to the next, even if there are several seasons of the same). You’re right, of course. But I thought you’d enjoyed my flawed logic.

Debbi said...

He was quite good! And finally! A real Doctor Who story!

1. a UFO
2. 1985
3. A Shot in the Dark
4. Time Out
5. The Leaning Tower of Pisa