Wednesday 1 April 2020

Diabetes: Day 15


Right ...

There is not introductory video.

But then, I'm using the laptop -- a refurbished Thinkpad running Ubuntu Mate 18.04 -- with no web cam to write this.

As you may or may not know?   I've recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.

Which ... doesn't seem to be affecting me much.

However?

I am now on medication for it: a drug called Metformin.

Which, right now?

Is making me fart ... quite a bit!

I'm also trying to -- ahem! -- improve my diet.

~≈U≈~

One thing I have been doing ... ?

Is try and use sweet potatoes -- instead of regular white potatoes -- with my meals.

They seem to work well enough: although the variety of sweet potatoes, in all sorts of colours, is quite something.

Especially if you're new to them.

But they work well enough ... when you get used to carrot coloured roasters.

The one thing I did try, last night?

Was a sneaky chocolate bar, whilst watching Star Trek Picard.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to eat it.

I think I can see why.

I immediately, and after a good meal?

Started feeling very hungry.

Can someone remind me NOT to do that?

Thanks!

No comments: