Sunday 26 April 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th April, 2020.

26th April, 2020.


Yep!

I’ve got another one!   Possibly.

A few weeks ago, now, I joined Instagram: purely to try and advertise Nik Nak’s Old Peculiar.

And read, re-read and double re-read their advice on scammers on the platform: after getting a couple of deeply suspicious message.

From deeply suspicious users.

I’ve had about one a day for the past few days.

I’ve had another one, today.

She’s got a very attractive profile picture … 


And her first name … ?   Is Andrew.

She got blocked …

~≈†≈~

Just as a thought … ?

I mentioned my Love Songs list, the other day: you can find it here.

The reason I mentioned it … ?

Is simply that I didn’t add this tune from Fiddler on the Roof.   It’s just the song about a relationship that hasn’t collapsed, and is working well enough … 


Talk about your goosebumps!

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 26th April, 2017, saw the death of director, Jonathan Demme.   He won a Best Director Oscar for which 1991 film?
Q2) 26th April is World Intellectual Property Day.   Intellectual Property can includes designs, trademarks, copyright … and which ‘P’?
Q3) 26th April, 2018, saw who found guilty of sexual assault: Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby?
Q4) 26th April, 121AD, saw the birth of Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.   Famously, he followed which school of philosophy: Pragmatism, Stoicism or Aristotelianism?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which US state recognised same sex unions on 26th April, 2000?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 25th April saw the birth of actor, Al Pacino.   In which year of the 1940s?
A1) 1940.
Q2) ‘Al’ is actually short for what?
A2) Alfredo.
Q3) He first appeared on stage in 1967: in a play called Awake and Sing.   The theatre he performed in was in which US city?
Q4) His first film appearance was in a minor role in Me, Natalie.   In which year of the 1960s?
A4) 1969.
Q5) He got his first Oscar nomination for which gangster movie?
Q6) Al plays bank robber, Sonny Wortzik: in which 1975 film?
Q7) Scarface saw Al playing Tony … who?
Q8) Al is a method actor.   Method acting is based on Stanislawski’s system.   As developed by whom: Sir Henry Irving, Lionel Barrymore or Lee Strasberg?
Q9) Al won his only Best Actor Oscar fro which 1992 film?
Q10) Finally … ?   In which year of the 1970s did Al appear in Serpico?
A10) 1973.
Here’s a thought …
“When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil.”
Marcus Aureliusª, 26 April 121 – 17 March 180.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Ooooh!   I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled, Olga!   And keep my fingers crossed it’s hits the English speaking world ASAP!   Which reminds me, Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels is out today!   The original, with Eva Green, was fantastic!   (I had some of the sweet potatoes, last night: they take a little less time to roast, so mixing them with ‘normal’ potatoes means you have to juggle!)


†        In a pub?   Why aren’t I surprised, Trevor.   😄   At any rate … ?   I knew you mentioned English Electric, at some point: I’ll have to look the company up, there’s possibly a Teaser there!

‡        Isn’t it just, Debbi^?   Possibly just as mythic as a classic western.   I can’t remember where I picked it up … but I seem to remember at least one reviewer pointing out that the bad guys in a western always gets shot at the end, and falls off a roof.   And that the fall is supposed to represent him falling into hell.   Then you watch the big fight in The Phantom Menace … 


^        That’s a thought, Debbi: he’s bright red, and has horns.   Who the hell is Darth Maul supposed to be?

ª        How does a stoic get that cynical … ?

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Silence of the Lambs
Q2) patents
Q3) Bill Cosby
Q4) Stoicism
Q5) Vermont
I'll keep my eyes open for it as well. By the way, I came across NOS4A2 (pronounced Nosferatu it seems, in the UK the novel was published as NOS4AR2... potato, potato kind of thing) on Amazon, a series based on Joe Hill's novel (Stephen King's son), and watched the first episode. It looks interesting but we shall see...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOS4A2_(TV_series) These days I don't have much patience for series, but I've read several of Hill's novels (not this one, I have the first of one of his comic series, Locke & Key also on my list) and enjoyed them, so we shall see.
Good luck with Instagram. As I told you, I know it's very popular, but there are only so many social media places I can stand before I want to disconnect, even in these circumstances.

trev-v said...

A1 The Silence of the Lambs

A2 Patents

A3 Bill Cosby

A4 Stoic (nice of you to give the answer in your Postscripts)

A5 Vermont


As a contract programmer I worked all over England and one relied upon the Secretaries to find you some where to stay. Once early on my time with that company My oppo a Geordie and my self found that we had been booked into the only temperance pub in the middle of Liverpool. It was on the road which runs between the 2 cathedrals. It was called Paradise Street and I think has has a major rebuild since Bill and I were there.

Debbi said...

Having a stoic calm is something of a plus, I suppose. :)

I need to work on my stoicism. I'll just adopt the Joe Torre look. :) It's a baseball thing.

1. The Silence of the Lambs
2. patents
3. Bill Cosby
4. Stoicism
5. Vermont