Tuesday 21 April 2020

Love Songs.

21st April, 2020.

OK, sue me.

For once?

I actually fancied watching a film …

But simultaneously … ?   Simultaneously not watching one.

If that makes sense?

Much as I really do fancy catching the Italian version of Reanimator -- made in 2017, and called Herbert West - Re-Animator -- I also fancied an early night.



But also fancied breaking the rules, a little, and blogging … without making a video, for once.

-=§=-

There was also something else I wanted to do.

Post some music, for a change.

I'm not necessarily a rabid music fan.

But do tend to know what I like.

And thought I should share what I think are possibly the best love songs I know.


Miss Chatelaine?   If there's a song that catches the honeymoon period, better, I don't know it.

Hazel O'Connor's Will You? is the first time you … well, yeah … the first time!  Catches that whole nervous thing, perfectly.

Tom Robinson's War Baby?   Well, War Baby's meaning is much discussed, I'm told.   But if it's not the song that describes a relationship dying, I don't know what one is.

Chas and Dave's There Ain't No Pleasing You … is the song that "It's over, I'm out of here," better than any other.

With the possible exception of Dame Shirley's Diamonds are Forever.

Now …

I call them love songs.

The fact three of them about loving relationships that are over has nothing to do with these tunes quality.

Or the fact they're all love songs.

Leave a comment: I dare you to suggest better.

1 comment:

Olga said...

I like the choices!