Monday 27 April 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27th April, 2020.

27th April, 2020.


Yes: if you watch the intro you’ve possibly worked out I’m tired.

I’ve had a case of late night blogging.

After I’d watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.   Called Santa Muerte, in case you’re interested.

Santa Muerte
It’s a fantastic looking episode … 

One where Natalie Dormer’s character, wondering through crowds of policemen, whispering to them all the while, is frightening.

I suspect it’s going to be a very good series: this first episode is an incredibly strong one.

~≈¥≈~

I suspect I’m not the only one who’s tired.

Google beep throwing this advert at me on Facebook.


The woman in the ad is — supposedly — watching a webinar.

An online video lecture, in other words.

Going by the comments I — and others — have made on the ad?

Me and everyone iMac owner who’ve seen it have pointed out the woman will be having trouble watching the video … as the computer isn’t plugged in … 


I don’t know about you, but I always thought advertisers were smart … 

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 27th April is Independence Day in Sierra Leone: marking the country’s independence from where?
Q2) The Panmunjom Declaration was signed: on 27th April, 2018.   Neither either one of The two nations that signed it.
Q3) The USA’s Cornell University was founded: on 27th April, 1865.   It’s in which US state?
Q4) The A380’s first test flight was on 27th April, 2005.   Who build’s the A380?
Q5) 27th April, 1759, saw the birth of writer, Mary Wollstonecraft.   Her best known book was A Vindication of The Rights of whom?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 26th April, 2017, saw the death of director, Jonathan Demme.   He won a Best Director Oscar for which 1991 film? 
Q2) 26th April is World Intellectual Property Day.   Intellectual Property can includes designs, trademarks, copyright … and which ‘P’?
A2) Patents.
Q3) 26th April, 2018, saw who found guilty of sexual assault: Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby?
A3) Bill Cosby.
Q4) 26th April, 121AD, saw the birth of Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.   Famously, he followed which school of philosophy: Pragmatism, Stoicism or Aristotelianism?
A4) Stoicism.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which US state recognised same sex unions on 26th April, 2000?
A5) Vermont.
Here’s a thought …
“The endeavour to keep alive any hoary establishment beyond its natural date is often pernicious and always useless.”
Mary Wollstonecraft, 27 April 1759 – 10 September 1797.
And a song …

27

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I know what you mean about Instagram, Olga: it’s … well … what can I tell you?   Except I think I’ve got another scammer on the go!   Moving on … ?   I’ll keep my eye peeled for that series: especially once this take of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels is done.   Natalie Dormer’s quite something, I should add: she’s not quite as unnerving as Tony Hopkins in The Silence of The Lambs … but her performance, thus far, is on a par with Eva Green’s in the original Penny Dreadful.   Damn good, in other words!


†        Bloody hell … how many temperance bars are left, Trevor?!

‡        It would certainly help, Debbi!   :D   Oh, have I mentioned Penny Dreadful: City of Angels?   That first episode is very strong.   And I think they’ve used an old storm drain in LA that’s seen some action.   They find dead bodies in it, in City of Angels … and there’s a big chase in Terminator 2, the big race in Grease … and and giant ants in THEM!   Am I getting too geeky, Debbi?

4 comments:

trev-v said...


A1 UK

A2 North and South Korea

A3 New York State

A4 Airbus SE

A5 Women

I think Michael Portillo found one in one of his many trips on railways in Great Britain. There used to be "Dry" towns in England. They were founded by Quaker families. Bournville is an example created by the Cadbury family.

Olga said...

Q1) The UK
Q2) North and South Korea
Q3) New York
Q4) Airbus
Q5) Woman. She had quite a life. A woman well ahead of her time.
I know what you mean about Natalie Portman. Of course, she's been acting since she was very young. I remember her in Leon, and she was still quite young when she played in Beautiful Girls, which is one of a list of understated movies I'm happy to watch many times over.

Olga said...

I've realised that I think the autocorrect changed the name of Natalie Dormer to Natalie Portman on your comment to me, so my reply is rather irrelevant. I do like Natalie Portman but I don't think I've seen Natalie Dormer much. I'll keep watch for her and for the series, but I'll wait until I feel more enthusiastic about series.

Debbi said...

Not at all. Sounds like you might be describing the L.A. riverbed, which is paved! :)

1. Great Britain
2. North Korea and South Korea
3. New York
4. Airbus
5. Woman