Sunday 12 April 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-4-2020: Yuri’s Night …

12th April, 2020.


I blog.

You’d noticed.   Or, at least, you’d noticed … by now … !

And, last night … ?

Managed to catch the Nicolas Cage movie, Color Out of Space: the most recent take of the old H. P. Lovecraft story.

Felling this knackered?   Means I have to ask myself, “Was it worth the effort?”

Yes: it was!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Debbi† and David putting in their answers: with all Olga and David scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 12th April is Yuri’s Night: marking the first human to be launched into space.   That human was Yuri … who?
Q2) That launch was on 12th April of which year?
Q3) The ship was the Vostok … what?
Q4) The ship was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome.   The Cosmodrome is where: Kazakstan, Georgia or Uzbekistan?
Q5) Finally … ?   How long was the ship in orbit: 100 minutes, 108 minutes or 116 minutes?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Believe it or not, 11th April is International Louie Louie Day.   Marking the day the song was written by Richard Berry.   The best known version was by which band? 
Q2) They released it in which year of the 1960s?
A2) 1963.
Q3) Berry’s version was released in which year of the 1950s?
A3) 1957.
Q4) Which British band released a version in 1964: the Beatles, the Who or the Kinks?
A4) The Kinks.
Q5) Finally … ?   There’s a version of the song on the 1981 album, I Love Rock and Roll.   Which band released I Love Rock and Roll?
Here’s a thought …
“Let’s go!”
Yuri: on the launch of the ship.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        I tried that Youtube link, out, Olga: I think it might be locked off to your area, as I got a ‘This is a private video,’ message!   At ANY rate?   I’ll be keeping my eye’s open: summer can’t come soon enough!   A one page CV?   Sound like a challenge.   But the few lessons I’ve had tell you to do two pages at most: with as good a summary as you can manage on the first.   I’ve just looked at Canva: I take your point, they do look fussy!   Although some of the poster designs seem ok … !   (Whoah!   There’s a Ministry comic?!‽   Wow!)


†        It IS a good one, Debbi, and I’ve not seen it for years.   But I was thinking there was an irony about watching The Long Good Friday … on a long Good Friday … … … !   (I caught Color Out Of Space, in the end.   Lovecraft seems to be getting popular: the Jeffrey Coombs version of Re-animator helped!)


‡        You know, David, I still think The Laughing Gnome is underrated … 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Gagarin
Q2) 1961
Q3) 1
Q4) Kazakstan
Q5) 108
It's not locked to me, it was the TVE YouTube account, although I wonder if perhaps you need to subscribe or is only available in Spain.
This is the link for me, but if it doesn't work, I recommend you do a search for RTVE on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqlsTzBv49Uiu8Z3IseVgQQ

trev-v said...


A1 Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin

A2 1961

A3 Vostok 1

A4 Kazakhstan

A5 108


You have a spelling mistake in the country name in question 4.

David said...

Could have done with saving my Space Oddity reference for today...

1. Gagarin
2. 1961
3. 1
4. Kazakstan
5. 108 minutes

Debbi said...

Oh, I caught the irony! :) Happy Easter.

1. Yuri Gagarin
2. 1961
3. Vostok 1
4. Kazakstan
5. 108 minutes