Tuesday 6 January 2009

A Dark Knight … Returns.

Well there’s a thing …

It seems that “Dark Knight”, which I posted about, a couple of weeks ago, is up for the Best Film gong, from the Producers Guild of America, at their awards ceremony, soon.   It’s generally considered to be a GOOD indicator of what’ll be up for the Oscars.

Combine that with the fact the late Heath Ledger has been nominated for the Best Supporting Actor gong, at the upcoming Screen Actors Guild do, and things look good for it.

I’ll admit my immediate cynical thought was that Heath Ledger made a damn good career move, the night of his death, considering it gave his last completed film a lot of free advertising, but thats not necessarily a side of myself I like that much.

Obviously, it’s a hell of a loss; — to his immediate family, and daughter, his fans, and to the movie going community, as a whole.

And this seems a fairly good way to offer some form of commemoration.

But the mixed feelings I have about this, are compounded by the simple fact that I’m a bit of a science fiction fan.   It’s nice to think a science-fiction-ish film could follow “The Lord Of the Rings”, by bagging one of the big ones at a certain Gong Show …

No comments: