Monday 26 January 2009

Why So Serious?



Well

To be frank, there’s a reason …


I can’t say I’m upset that the late Heath Ledger has managed to bag the Screen Actors Guild Best Supporting Actor award and a Golden Globe, as well for playing the Joker.   It seems a good way to commemorate his death, as well as honour the performance he gave in the part.
But I’m certain in myself that his death was a sort of double – possibly triple –tragedy.

Obviously, it’s is a HUGE loss to those who loved him.

And to his fans, and those who valued his film appearances.

But I’m also very aware that his death adds both poignancy to, and overshadows other performances, both in “Dark Knight”, and quite probably in other films.

As I said in my earlier post, Gary Oldman and Aron Eckhart both put in equally good performances.

It’s a shame those have been overshadowed.

A shame, overshadowed by a tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect Michael has had a word with Heath.