Monday 12 January 2009

Even MORE about cars and Parking!

Well, that’s a result, seems Karen, the councillor for this part of town, has got back to me.   Here …

Dave/Paul

Plenty of research has been done by me, and time put in to this situation, and we've all had several discussions.  Don't forget that I posted a letter to everyone on the development - personally!  I've also been in touch with Ade at Circle Anglia and I'm awaiting an email from him to arrange a site meeting to discuss another issue that is completely separate from the street parking issue.

I will also be at the Highways Panel meeting however, the fact remains that there is not enough parking to go around on this estate as explained in my letter and no matter what we change, that is an unsolvable situation.  We can make a few amends here and there of course, but it could make the situation worse.  The reason I put the letter out is to get residents' views and I have spoken to a number of them since and got some feedback.  I will be speaking up for you with the issues raised and voting on these matters at the Highways Panel.  It is possible that, from this, a formal consultation will take place into a proposal and I will carefully consider the results when they become available.

I firmly believe that consultation is the first thing that should be done, it doesn't really matter who puts it on the agenda, and that it will be an interesting debate on the night.  Hopefully, we will get a solution which will improve things.

Karen



----Original Message----
From: 
Date: 12/01/2009 14:48 
To: 
Subj: Re: Rollason Way Parking

The calls already gone out, after we didn’t get the consultation paper we were supposed to get from Circle Anglia; — Piers asked me to give him a call, if it didn’t, last time we spoke.   It’s great she’s doing bits from her end, but I’d like to see a bit done by Karen Chilvers.   She’s the councillor for the area.   And by Circle Anglia, as well.

On 12 Jan 2009, at 14:42,  wrote:
paul Joan is doing more than the last Cllr lib dems and she has outlined her proposals for the next highways pannel meeting on the 27/01/09, nothing more can be done until then . Myself think that Cllr Joan Holmes is doing ok at the present time so lets all back off let her do any more research that she needs to do proir to the meeting, if there is anything to know she will contact us. I hope you see fit to give her a chance in this instance please paul... involving the local paper will bring a lot more illegal parkers to the road
please just leave it for now
thanks
Dave





Cllr Karen Chilvers 
Liberal Democrat Councillor 
Brentwood West Ward 

There’s probaly a whole LOT of cynical remarks I could add, here, but …

No comments: