Monday, 18 September 2017

American Horror Story — Series 3: Coven — Episodes 7, 8 & 9: The Dead, The Sacred Taking and Head



17th September, 2017.

Bloody hell, it’s — comparatively — late!

Ar least, for starting a blog post, it’s late.

Did you managed read this morning’s Teaser?

If you did, you’d possibly have realised I’ve been over my family’s for dinner.

And … ?

And to help build a new rabbit hutch for Mikey and Donnie, my nephew’s rabbits.

Well … Grandma, Ruth and I built the hutch.

Whilst Jude supervised, obviously.

Which has left me fed, mildly tired …

But still keen to watch more episodes of season three of American Horror Story.

Coven’s wandering a bit, maybe.

But still looking good.

~≈Î≈~


Episode 7The Dead — shows us that Fiona (Jessica Lange) is seeking to dice against death, by taking on a lover: little knowing the handsome saxophonist is serial killer, the Axeman (Danny Huston.)

Queenie?   Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe) starts having doubts about her membership of the coven: whilst Cordelia (Sarah Paulson*) makes a decision about her mother, Fiona.

~≈Î≈~

Episode 8The Sacred Taking — follows this through.   It shows us Cordelia’s decision in The Dead leads her to organise the coven in an attempt to perform a ritual that will see Fiona die: and pass her power as supreme to the most qualified member.

It’s only in the aftermath?

That Fiona and Cordelia realise two things.

That the bullet that had fatally injured a next door neighbour was silver.

And that a witch-hunter was after them.

~≈Î≈~

Episode 9Head — sees Fiona finally persuading Marie (Angela Bassett) that an alliance could be useful.

But only after Marie has sent Fiona the still living — and still talking — head of Delphine (Kathy Bates.)

And only after the witch-hunter has targeted Marie’s base, And been killed by Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe)

That witch-hunter?   Is Hank (Josh Hamilton).

Quite how Cordelia will find her husband’s a witch-hunter … ?

Is something for the next episodes.

~≈Î≈~

Watching those episodes?

Frankly, is something I’m determined to do.

Granted, I feel these episodes lost their way, slightly.   The relationship between Queenie and Delphine seems to have a taken a step or two backwards, the introduction of corporate witch-hunters a little odd, and Myrtle’s mutilation of the council just a LITTLE overdone.

But?

Coven is still a watchable incarnation of American Horror Story



           Ever since Asylum I automatically say ‘Lana Banana,’ in a cod US accent, whenever I see Sarah Paulson turn up.   Well, songs have an effect …

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.