Saturday 2 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-9-2017: Keanu

Has anyone bee watching Game of Thrones, recently?

I have to admit, I have.

I’ve been throughly enjoying it, too.

Granted the sex, violence, swearing, more sex, plotting, magic, exposition, even more sex, giant walls, all of it modelled on various bits of English history — with added sex and dragons — isn’t going to be for everyone.

But it?   And season seven?

Have been riveting to watch.

I’ve got to give the show’s makers credit: they’ve made fantasy a TV phenomena.

And season eight, the last?   Out next year?

Could well go out with a bang … 

Oh, and more sex … 

~≈Ú≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga scoring ten out of ten and Debbi scoring nine.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 2nd September saw the birth of actor, Keanu Reeves.   In which year?
Q2) In which country?
Q3) He grew up in the Yorkville district of which Canadian city?
Q4) Which late actor did Keanu co-star with, in My Own Private Idaho?
Q5) Who did Keanu play, in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
Q6) Who played the other guy in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
Q7) Keanu plays John Gitche in Even Cowgirls get the Blues.   Who performed the theme song, Just Keep Me Moving?
Q8) Keanu plays Kevin Lomax: alongside Charlize Theron as Mary Ann Lomax, and Al Pacino as John Milton.   In which film?
Q9) Keanu also plays Neo: in a well know science fiction franchise.   Which franchise?
Q10) Finally … Keanu plays the title character in which 2014 film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) The match that saw Boris Spassky beaten by Bobby Fischer, took place on 1st September: of which year?
A1) 1972.
Q2) They were playing what a what: video game, board game or card game?
A2) Board game.
Q3) Spassky was from the Soviet Union: also called the USS … what?
A3) R.
Q4) Fischer was from the US … where?
A4) A.
Q5) Both Fischer and Spassky were world class players of the game.   And known as  Grand … what?
A5) Grandmasters.
Q6) The match was known as the Match of the what: month, year or century?
A6) Century.
Q7) The match was also seen as part of which war: the Korean War, the Cold War or the Vietnam War?
A7) The Cold War.
Q8) The match was played in Reykjavik.   Reykjavik is in which country?
A8) Iceland.
Q9) What’s the name of the 2014 film about the match?
A9) Pawn Sacrifice.
Q10) Finally?   What game were Spassky and Fischer playing?
A10) Chess.
Here’s an rhetorical statement …
“My name can’t be that tough to pronounce!”
Keanu Reeves.
And a tune from Dogstar, whose bassist gets about a bit …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day …



*        Might just have to keep an eye open for it, Olga: although I doubt there’s a version for my ageing version of Safari.   And saying that about Bobby Fisher … ?   Reminds me that one of Steve Jobs’ exe was a mental health professional.   And, much as she loved him, even after they split?   That didn’t stop her thinking about assorted personality disorders … 

†        The film, you mean, Debbi?   Yeah, dicey’s one word!   (Oh … President Trump’s trying to get congressional approval for aide to Texas, post storm.   And is threatening To shut down the government, to fund the Wall.   I’m surprised he hasn’t blamed Harvey on the Mexicans …)   (Sorry about the Nine, Debbi: the answer I wanted, to yesterday’s fourth question?   Was A … !)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1964
Q2) Beirut
Q3) Toronto
Q4) River Phoenix (I’m afraid the comparison with Phoenix doesn’t help Keanu Reeves. A truly bizarre film that I love. I wonder what River Phoenix would have done if he’d lived.)
Q5) Ted
Q6) Alex Winter
Q7) (Julian Gitche, I think)… k.d. lang
Q8) The Devil’s Advocate (I must say I’m not a fan of Keanu Reeves but enjoyed that one)
Q9) The Matrix
Q10) Finally … Keanu plays the title character in which 2014 film? John Wick (I can’t remember watching the first one, but I watched the second one with my friends and it’s so ludicrous and over the top it’s enjoyable. )
I am not surprised by your comment about Steve Jobs. I haven't watched the recent movie about him but... Although I suspect quite a few of the very well-known people around show more than few of the personality disorder traits (and I'm sure they don't care at all about it).

Debbi said...

I have no idea how I missed that! Must be all the distractions! :)

1. 1964
2. Lebanon
3. Toronto
4. River Phoenix
5. Ted
6. Alex Winter
7. k.d. lang
8. The Devil's Advocate
9. The Matrix
10. John Wick