Thursday 14 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14-9-2017

It’s official: it’s Thursday.

Which you’d possibly already noticed.

For me, thought?

I’m looking forward to finishing work, tonight.

More so than usual.

“Why?” I hear you ask … 

Simple.

I’ve got this weekend off.

Granted, I’m not going to be doing much that’s different … 

But, boy, I’m looking forward to it!

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 14th September, 81 AD, saw Domitian become Roman Emperor.   He was the last emperor of which dynasty?
Q2) The HMAS AE1 was lost at sea: on 14th September, 1914.   The boat was Australia’s first what: aircraft carrier, dreadnought or submarine?
Q3) Windows ME was introduced: on 14th September, 2000.   What did it introduce: Windows Movie Maker, Quicktime or VLC?
Q4) Kiribati joined the UN: on 14th September, 1999.   Kiribati is in which Ocean?
Q5) Finally … In a referendum on 14th September, 2003, Estonia decided to join what: the UN, the EU or the AEIOU?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th September saw the birth of novelist and playwright, J. B. Priestley.   In which year?
A1) 1894.
Q2) The J stood for John.   What did the B stand for?
A2) Boynton.
Q3) His first successful novel was published in 1929.   What was it called: The Good Book, The Good Companions or The Good Wife?
Q4) Sir Charles Ravenstreet features in which 1954 Priestley novel?
Q5) Finally … Priestley’s best known play was first performed in the Soviet Union, in 1945.   What was it?
I’ll leave you with a thought …
“Birth control is the first important step woman must take toward the goal of her freedom. It is the first step she must take to be man’s equal. It is the first step they must both take toward human emancipation.”
Margaret Sanger, September 14, 1879 – September 6, 1966.
And a tune … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Actually, Olga?   The best way of getting a phone to make money — apart from designing the next popular one — is to design the next hit Instagram/SnapChat/hit casual game!  The ad revenue and in-app purchases can make a fortune.   Which is where it falls apart, my Java programming is hopeless … !

†        I didn’t mix up a state and a city, did I, Debbi?   That’s late night question writing for you!   (My ironic side’s saying “Baltimore’s a city?   I thought it was a large collection of homes, offices, shops, docks and people with a two hundred and eighty eight year history since founding, a large number of docks and a noted baseball team.”   It gets aware form me sometimes …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Flavian
Q2) Submarine
Q3) Windows Movie Maker
Q4) Pacific
Q5) The European Union
There are plenty of online courses, even free ones, but I don't seem to have any talent for that (one of the many things I have no talent for... Oh well). Enjoy your weekend!

Debbi said...

No worries. Things get away from me constantly! :)

1. Flavian
2. submarine
3. Windows Movie Maker
4. Pacific
5. the EU

You'll have to read my author blog on Friday (the one on my official website). It includes a few Doctor Who references and videos. And a casual mention of Terry Pratchett and some chap named Paul! :-D

I've hotlinked my name. :)