Sunday 10 September 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10-9-2017

Ooooh … 

But that’s better … 

It’s a Sunday morning … and one where I’m doing my usual eleven ’til five shift.

So, of course, today … ?

I’ve got up at six: and will be getting home at six.

My points?
  • I’ll probably am going to need a lot of caffeine, by the time I get home.
  • I’ve got to iron some shirts, later!
Yep: it’s a fun Sunday evening, ahead!

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and Video … 

Q1) Thomas Wolsey was made a Cardinal: on 10th September, 1515.   Wolsey was a senior minister for which English monarch?
Q2) Bombs went off at two London stations: on 10th September, 1972.   Name either one of the two.
Q3) Which Credit card opened for business, on 10th September, 1963?
Q4) Guinea-Bissau became independent on 10th September, 1974.   From where?
Q5) Finally … Hamida Djandoubi was executed in France: the last person  executed by guillotine.   On 10th September of which year?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th September, 1976, saw the death of the leader of Communist China.   Who was he?
A1) Mao Zedong.   (The older form of his name, that I grew up learning?   Was Mao Tse-Tung.)
Q2) He was the first Chairman of China’s what?
Q3) He’d been that group’s de facto leader, since when: the Great Leap Forward, the Long March or the Chinese Civil War?
A3) The Long March.
Q4) He ALSO welcomed one American President to China.   Which President?
Q5) Finally … The book of quotations attributed to him, was known as the Little Red … what?
A5) Little Red Book.
I give you this tune, co-written by founder member, Siobhan Fahey … 


And a golfing tip …
“I have a tip that will take five strokes off anyone’s golf game. It’s called an eraser.”
Arnold Palmer, September 10, 1929 – September 25, 2016.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I’ll have to check that review out, Debbi: as soon as I can find it!

3 comments:

trev-v said...

3 / 5 for question writing today. 1 date error and 1 question (Q3) needs the words United Kingdom adding to be correct. certainly in use in the USA before that date.

A1 Henry VIII

A2 in 1973 Kings Cross and Euston

A3 American Express

A4 Portugal

A5 1977

Olga said...

Q1) Henry VIII
Q2) (The BBC website said 1973). King’s Cross and Euston
Q3) American Express (well it opened the credit card service in Britain on that date. It was a credit card before that already, but not in Britain).
Q4) Portugal
Q5) 1977
I hope the trains behave better today, Paul. Now all the wedding guests and the happy couple have left, and I'm here with the girls (the three dogs) I hope to be able to contribute a bit more. It's a big property and I've started teaching again, so we'll see...
Take care! It's nice to be back here!

Debbi said...

It should be on my "I Found it at the Movies" Facebook page.

Seems I've become a "serial blogger" again! :)

1. Henry VIII
2. King's Cross and Euston Stations
3. American Express
4. Portugal
5. 1977