Thursday 24 January 2019

Licence to Kill: a Review

23rd January, 2019.


There are times I’m glad I’m out of work … 

There’s times … I’m frankly not.

Frankly, money his possibly the tightest bits: although that’s always the way, I think.

Debts and payments expand as the income we receive, does.

If that makes sense?

What I’m trying to say … ?

Is simply that there’s pros and cons to being out of work.

The downside?

A lack of cash: and some extremely tight budgeting.

The upside?

Simply that I have time on my hand: and a large collection of media to watch.

Last night?   I was in a mode for some Bond… 

Actually, no: I was in the mode for some of Timothy Dalton’s Bond, as I’d not seen his second outing in the role for many years.

Last night?   I got myself good and befuddled: mixing up titles, to see The Living Daylights … !

Tonight … ?

I managed to remedy that, and watch … License To Kill … !

Hmmm … I think we’re looking at a very different film.

~≈§≈~

License To Kill opens with Bond (Timothy Dalton) and old friend, Felix Leiter (David Hedison), on route to Felix’s wedding … which — bar arresting notorious drug lord, Sanchez (Robert Davi*) — goes off without a hitch.

Post titles, however?

Post titles, Sanchez escapes: and killing Leiter’ new wife, and leaving Leiter himself in hospitals with sever injuries.

And leaving Bond on the rampage … and handing in both his resignation, and license to M (Robert Brown.)

That’s where the trouble only starts … 

~≈§≈~

Now … 

Good … ?

Hmm … 

I have to admit, I it’s been years since I’ve seen The Living Daylights.

And more years since seeing License To Kill … 

And … ?



Having seen them back to back, I can’t help think License To Kill† is fine … but that The Living Daylights is the better film … 

Let me know what you think, folks: post me a comment … !
License To Kill
★★☆☆





*        Who’s left handed, I note.

†        To give it, its due?   It also feature a very young Benicio Del Toro as a henchman.

No comments: