Saturday 26 January 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26-1-2019: Uganda

26th January, 2019.


Hmmm … 

I have to admit, I do like my Apple products.

Really.

I’ve been quite the loyal one for some eighteen or so years.

Right at the moment, though, I have to admit to being one that’s mildly annoyed.

I’ve installed a recent set of updates: serious, security, ones that I discuss here.

The downside to those updates … ?

Simply put?

Is that, since installing those updates, my copy of iMovie is behaving distinctly badly: causing system hangs that only seem to clear up, if I force a restart, switching my machine on and off again.

Frankly?

As someone who relies on that app, I’m not exactly what you call happy.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 26th January is Liberation Day in Uganda.   Making the end of the Tito Okello’s regime: in which year of the 1980s?
Q2) He died in what was and is, Uganda’s capital city.   What is that city … ?
Q3) Uganda is a what: constitutional monarchy, absolute monarchy or republic?
Q4) Name one of Uganda’s two official languages.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which country has the smaller rail network: Uganda or the UK … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first winter Olympics opened on 25th January.   Of which year?
A1) 1924.
Q2) It was held in which French commune?
A2) Chamonix.   (Also called Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.)
Q3) The Games featured the Military what, as an official sport?
A3) The Military Patrol.
Q4) How many gold medals did host nation, France, win … ?
A4) None.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which nation won the most medals at these first Winter Olympics?
A5) Norway: with a grand total of seventeen.
Here’s a thought …
“The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power.”
President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda.
And a national anthem …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, @Badwolf!

†        Rarely goes into 1 figure temperatures?   That decides it, Olga, where do I get Spanish citizenship … ?

‡        I’m glad that clears things up, Debbi!   Oh, btw … ?   Are you on Mojave?   And getting issues with Final Cut Pro, or iMovie?   iMovie’s behaving noticeably badly on macOS 10•14•3 … !   Badly enough for me to Tweet Tim Cook … !   (In the hope he’ll do a Jeff Bezos.)



4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1986
Q2) Kampala
Q3) Republic (well, sort of)
Q4) English, Swahili
Q5) The UK
Well, things are a bit uncertain regarding Catalonia and Spain at the moment, but you'll find plenty of Brits wherever you go here. (Oh, I told you about the Russian visa, didn't I? I took my papers to the agency yesterday. Fingers crossed!)
And good luck on the i-movie thing.

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

Morning Quiz master (1)1986 (2)Kampala(3) Republic(4)Swahili[(5) Uganda

trev-v said...

I see that your nephew Jude has his own brand of Ice cream. When I was in the supermarket this morning I went to the freezer cabinets to pick up some frozen chips (fries for our north American friends). As I was there i looked at the large tubs of ice creams and the Jude brand had 3 different varieties. Come the summer months I may have to buy a tub of Jude's ice cream.

Debbi said...

I haven't had problems post-upgrade. Have you tried calling Apple support?

1. 1986
2. Kampala
3. republic
4. English and Swahili
5. Uganda