Tuesday 15 January 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-1-2019: At The Office

15th January, 2019.


Yes, it’s true … I’ve an interview … !

I’m sorry, that was vaguely poetic, wasn’t it … ?

At any rate: I’ve an interview in Romford, today.

And, what makes it worse … ?   Or at least, frantic … ?

I’ve another one tomorrow: in Southend!

Romford I can happily navigate.

Southend?   Well, it’s been a good decade!

Topping that off … ?

Topping that off, I’ve missed a call from a company called Tiger — at least I think that’s what the woman said the company’s called — who sound like they want to talk to me, as well.

Nice to know I’m in demand.

~≈§≈~

Oh … 

Just as a quick thought … 

Today sees the House of Commons making the famous Meaningful Vote on the Prime Minister’s Brexit plan.

A vote the PM stands a good chance of losing.

The results?

There’s talk of a vote of no confidence that will trigger a general election: with all that implies.

OR a second referendum.

I think if either happens, the country will be in more trouble than it thinks.

We’ll have to see …

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Badwolf† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi and Badwolf on five out of five, and Olga on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The HQ building of the US Department of Defence was dedicated: on 15th January, of which year?
Q2) The building’s known as the … what?
Q3) How many floors does the building have: above ground?
Q4) The building’s in Arlington County: in which US state?
Q5) Finally, and famously?   The building was attacked by Flight 77: on which date?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 14th January, 1886, saw the birth of author and poet, Hugh Lofting.   Which children’s character did Lofting create?
A1) Doctor John Dolittle.
Q2) 14th January is Revolution and Youth Day: in which North African country?
A2) Tunisia.
Q3) The (then) manager of of Manchester United FC announced his retirement: on 14th January, 1969.   Who was he?
A3) Sir Matt Busby.
Q4) Russell M. Nelson became the 17th president: on 14th January, 2018.   The 17th president … of what?
A4) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: the best known Mormon church on the planet.
Q5) Finally … ?   14th January, 1904, saw the birth of which British photographer?
Here’s a thought …
“Not surprisingly, there’s nothing to do at (the office) except start a war.   Tourist aren’t even allowed to take photos with the building in the background, so when the sailor-suited family of Navy veterans four generations deep handed me a disposable camera and asked me to follow at a distance and secretly take photos of them while they snapped to attention, saluted, and flashed peace signs for no apparent reason, I was only too happy to serve my country.”
From The Sellout by Paul Beatty.
And a song …


Not that I’m handing out a clue … !

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        THINK you missed a question, there, Olga!   At any rate, I think you’ve got a point, there: that leaflet would’ve stuck in people throats.   Especially in my home town: Brentwood’s … well … Brentwood’s elected a Conservative MP for the past forty years.   A lot of customers I served in the pubs I worked in … ?   Wouldn’t admit it publicly, a lot of them though Hitler was a soppy liberal.   I think I’m one of the few people who voted remain … 

†        Have fun, over the next few days, @Badwolf!   how DID you get that lock jammed … !  :D

‡        It’s a very useful app, Debbi.   It’s a touch trickier to rip DVD’s with it than it was.   But it’s still handy for making those back ups.   (I’ve always made sure I’ve had an external DVD or Blu-ray drive around, even when I had a Mac with a internal one: you never know when they come in handy … )


2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1943
Q2) The Pentagon
Q3) Five
Q4) Virginia
Q5) September 11, 2001
That’s weird because I wrote all the replies (the right replies, I may add) on my document and then cut and pasted them to your blog. Must have cut and pasted wrong (and that is with the glasses on!) Oh, well.
Good luck with the interviews and we shall all see what happens…

Debbi said...

I suppose. I do at least back up my files on an external HD.

1. 1943
2. Pentagon
3. 5
4. Virginia
5. Sept. 11, 2001 (or 9/11/01 or 11/9/01, in some other countries) :)