Wednesday 30 January 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30-1-2019: The Second Temple

30th December, 2019.


Yes: you’re right.

I’m due a plumber.

Something I actually booked up, last week.

Frankly?

I’m hoping he repair my toilet in good time: and make sure he turns the water back on, when he goes.

I’m getting sick of bucket flushing.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, Trevor‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with all four scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The Second Temple was completed on 30th January, 516 BC.   It was in which Middle-Eastern city?
Q2) It was built by Zerubbabel, after the Jewish people were released from captivity, where: Egypt, Babylon or Assyria?
Q3) As with Solomon’s original temple, the Second Temple’s Holy of Holy was supposed to house … what?
Q4) The Second Temple was renovated and expanded … by which Jewish king?
Q5) Finally?   The Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70AD.   What’s the only part of Temple still standing?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven was first published on 29th January.   Of which year?
A1) 1845.
Q2) It was originally published in a what: newspaper, anthology or magazine.
A2) Newspaper.   New York’s New-York Mirror, then called the Evening Mirror.
Q3) The unnamed narrator of The Raven is often said said to be a what: student, teacher or lecturer?
A3) Student.
Q4) The narrator is mourning his lover.   What was her name?
A4) Lenore.
Q5) Finally … “Quoth the raven” … what?
A5) Nevermore.   (The Terry Pratchett character of the same name “… doesn’t do the ‘N’ word.”)
Here’s a except …
“It was not only the focus of religious ritual but also the repository of the Holy Scriptures and other national literature and the meeting place of the Sanhedrin, the highest court of Jewish law during the Roman period.”
From the Enclyclopedia Britannica’s entry on the Second Temple.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, @Badwolf … !   (Did we introduce you to Trevor?)

†        It’s a pain in the proverbial, Olga, I know that!   I might just have to contact Apple, again.   I’ve got an idea of what’s causing the specific rendering issue, though: it’s when I use the green-screen options, against an animated background.   At ANY rate … ?   I’ll have to start looking at Rotten Tomatoes.   Although, to be fair?   Wikipedia’s colour scheme’s a classic!   (You’re right, that piece is interesting: might just have to run it past a friend of mine.)

‡        Morning, Trevor.   We’re going to HAVE to try and persuade you into Twitter: we can get you chatting to @Badwolf!

^        Me too, Debbi, me too!   I might just have to phone Apple, again: as the work around ISN’T a permanent one.   I have managed to isolated what seems to be the issued: the amount of green screen stuff I use, against an animated background, is what’s causing the rendering hang.   We’ll have to see.   (Oh, I think a friend of mine’s interested in debbimack.com.   We MAY have to try and persuade her to get a Mac … … )

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Jerusalem (2)Babylon (3) Ark of the Covenant(4) Herod the Great,(5)Western Wall

Hello Trevor, yes you want to Join Twitter. Erm, what can I say about myself? I love my Tudor History, Renaissance Art, Horror. Erm Yes most important I'm mad Geordie lost in the West Midlands without a Tardis. That pretty much sums me up.

Olga said...

Q1) Jerusalem
Q2) Babylon
Q3) The Ark of the Covenant (it seems it got lost… Well, we always have the movie)
Q4) Herod the Great
Q5) The Western Wall (although it seems that there might be more still standing…)
Good luck with the plumber (I'm having a similar problem with the apartment I'm renting, but there the insurance company seem to be useless and I've looked for somebody else).

trev-v said...

once again your maths is not good. You list 4 people and then say all 3 of them scored 5/5.
I am on Facebook and see no good reason to be on Twitter.

A1 Jerusalem
A2 Babylon
A3 Ark of the Covenant
A4 Herod the Great
A5 Western Wall, Wailing Wall, or Kotel or in Islam Buraq Wall

Debbi said...

Glad to hear someone is interested in my writing. I hope. :)

1. Jerusalem
2. Egypt
3. the Ark of the Covenant
4. Herod
5. the Temple Mount