Wednesday 16 January 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16th January 2019

16th January, 2019.


Right … I am mildly rushed: I have another interview, today!

In Southend, of all places.   At the other end of the railway from London Liverpool Street.

In Southend College, of all places!

Wish me luck for it: I think I may need it.

The halls of academia look attractive, even if I’m just doing the paperwork.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 16th January, 1492 saw Queen Isabella 1st presented with the first grammar of which language?
Q2) 16th January, 1909, saw the Shackleton Expedition find what: the magnetic north pole or the magnetic south pole?
Q3) TWA Flight 3 crashed on 16th January, 1942.   Which film star died on the flight?
Q4) 16th January, 1412, saw the House of Medici named as The Pope’s bank.   What’s the name of the modern Vatican Bank?
Q5) Finally … ?   16th January, 1707, saw the Scottish Parliament pass the Act of Union.   This lead to the formation of what: the United Kingdom, Great Britain or the Commonwealth?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The HQ building of the US Department of Defence was dedicated: on 15th January, of which year?
A1) 1943.
Q2) The building’s known as the … what?
A2) The Pentagon.
Q3) How many floors does the building have: above ground?
A3) Five.
Q4) The building’s in Arlington County: in which US state?
A4) Virginia.
Q5) Finally, and famously?   The building was attacked by Flight 77: on which date?
A5) 11th September, 2001.
Here’s a thought …
“I envy paranoids; they actually feel people are paying attention to them.”
Susan Sontag, January 16, 1933 – December 28, 2004.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        That we will, Olga, that we will.   I’m just hoping I get the job I was interviewed for, yesterday: because of the trains, it’s literally half an hour from my front door.   (70 odd days left, and #Brexit … ?   Well, we’re facing a possible General Election … )

†        Yep: I’ve got Time Machine Set up as well, Debbi: have done for years.   It’s saved a file or two for me, over that time.   And let me restore my MacPro’s main drive.   Phew!   (Oh, did you see Stewart’s Tweet?   I hope the woman he tweeted about had Time Machine set up!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Spanish
Q2) The magnetic South Pole
Q3) Carole Lombard
Q4) The Institute for the Works of Religion (Italian: Istituto per le Opere di Religione – IOR; Latin: Institutum pro Operibus Religionis)
Q5) Great Britain
In 1605 the first edition of Don Quixote was published in Madrid.
Good luck with the interview. The place sounds nice, but the commute might make it a bit of a pain. Fingers crossed anyway. (I think May will need more than that...)

Debbi said...

Yes, let's hope. :)

1. Spanish
2. magnetic south pole
3. Carole Lombard
4. the Institute for the Works of Religion (aka the Vatican Bank)
5. the United Kingdom