Saturday 5 January 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th January, 2019.

5th January, 2019.


Like I said in the video … ?

Can I ask you to remind me to post that letter … !

Can I … ?

If you wouldn’t mind!

~≈§≈~

Just to fill in the details for you … ?

A few weeks ago, I put in for a new provisional driving license: happily funded by my local job centre, as they agree it’s a good form of ID, for those jobs that require one.

So … I happily filled in the form, sent it off with the appropriate postal order, and ID … 

And then, once I got back home, realised I hadn’t actually signed the bloody thing … !

So would have wait for the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency, the DVLA, the body that issues driving licenses, to send the form back … 

Along with a point comment about signing it.

That’s the letter I’ve got to send, today … 

Like I say … would you mind reminding me … ?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 5th January, 1985, saw the end of Operation Moses: an Israeli expedition to airlift Jewish refugees from … where?
Q2) Those refugees were from where?   (They were fleeing this country: and end up in the country in Question 1.)
Q3) Denis Alibec, Soner Aydoğdu, Dani Pacheco and Eric Fisher, were all born on 5th January, 1991.   Which one of them’s the odd one out?
Q4) Brian Hugh Warner was born on 5th January, 1969.   He’s better known, how?
Q5) Finally … ?   Jean Benoît Guillaume Robert Antoine Louis Marie Adolphe Marc d’Aviano was born on 5th January, 1921.   Up until 2000, he was the Grand Duke of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 4th January saw the death of Irish rock star, Phil Lynott.   In which year?
A1) 1986.
Q2) His death was blamed, by some, on his addiction to what: cocaine, LSD or Heroin?
A2) Heroin.
Q3) What type of Guitar did Phil play: lead, rhythm or bass?
A3) Bass.
Q4) Phil was frontman for which rather slim Irish band?
Q5) Finally … ?   He played — or more accurately sang — the role of Parson Nathaniel.   On which Jeff Wayne album?
Here’s a thought …
“Being a star is an agent’s dream, not an actor’s.”
Robert Duvall, born January 5, 1931.
As it’s co-writer, Chris Stein’s, birthday … …?

I give you possibly the best song Blondie ever recorded …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Don’t forget to remind me about that letter, @Badwolf … !

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Sudan
Q2) Ethiopia
Q3) Eric Fisher because he plays American football (the rest play football or ‘soccer’ according to them).
Q4) Marilyn Manson
Q5) Luxembourg
Remember to post the letter! Oh, the hot chocolate went well (or xocolata, here in Catalonia). It tasted good as well. I even got to do some stirring in a huge pot. I can see the attraction for witches. Mostly, I was transporting presents (people donate toys for the children of families who can’t afford them) and interviewing children (as part of the workshops on offer for the kids). We had the local castellers (human tower… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castell) by our stall, doing activities with children, and I got to interview a couple. Later they did a couple of castells inside as well. Very entertaining.
This afternoon I’ll be participating in the parade, handing (or throwing, depending) candy at the spectators, and picking up presents as well. Here you can see some pics. Each population does it differently (in Barcelona, the three magi usually come by ship. It makes perfect sense, geographically, after all). There is a big parade in the centre of Barcelona, but the districts and neighbourhoods have their own, and I’m participating in the local one (Sants…). Wish me luck!
https://www.google.com/search?q=cabalgata+de+reyes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGhuKvpdbfAhVEA2MBHZWQChIQsAR6BAgCEAE&biw=1366&bih=626
Remember the letter!

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) )Sudan (2)Ethiopia(3)Eric William Fisher (4) Marilyn Manson American singer (5)Luxembourg

Debbi said...

Hey! Got back yesterday. Boy, am I jet-lagged! I'm getting old!

1. Sudan
2. Ethiopia
3. Eric Fisher
4. Marilyn Manson
5. Luxembourg