Saturday 13 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13-7-2019: The Siege.

13th July, 2019.


What with one thing and another … ?

I think I may have issues with my health.

In fact, I know I do.

But … ?

I have to admit, there’s not much I can do: until the results get in.

But, just as an upside … ?

I had an interview, yesterday: at a local betting shop.

Whether I get it?

Is a whole other matter.

But it would give my mental health a boost.

~≈§≈~

While I’m at it … ?

I’m — obviously — not working at the moment.

So I’m short of cash: as are many others.

So … ?

Well, that does encourage scammers: who offer fraudulent grants on social media.

Not something I’d seen: but something I’d been made aware of, by this piece on the BBC’s news site.

I’m thankful they did.

Anything that can highlight this is a good thing … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 13th July, 587BC, saw the end of the Siege of Jerusalem.   The besieging army was from where?
Q2) At the time, Jerusalem was capital of the Kingdom of where … ?
Q3) Who led the besieging army?
Q4) The Siege is described in which book of the Bible: Jeremiah, Joshua or Judges?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which of the Temples was destroyed at the end of the siege: the First or Second?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Army version of the Medal of Honor was established: on 12th July, 1862.   By which country?
A1) The United States of America.
Q2) The Ostrog Bible was first published: on 12th July, 1580.   It was the first bible published in which alphabet: Latin, Cyrillic or Khmer?
A2) Cyrillic.
Q3) 12th July, 1986, saw riots in which Northern Irish town … ?
A3) Portadown.   (The colour orange may get a mention … )
Q4) São Tomé and Príncipe became independent: on 12th July, 1975.   From where … ?
A4) Portugal.
Q5) Finally … ?   12th July, 1997, saw the birth of activist, Malala Yousafzai.   The Taliban tried killing her, in which year?
A5) 2012.   (Shooting her was, apparently, God’s will.   What the Taliban call her survival, I don’t know.)
Here’s a passage …
“So the city was besieged unto the eleventh year of King Zedekiah.”
Chapter 25, Verse 2 of the Second Book of Kings.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Cheers, Anne, that’s VERY appreciated!

†        Cheers, Olga: as you can imagine?   I’m … well … worried.   The interview went well, although I won’t know until Monday.

‡        Ian McShane’s in Good Omens?   That’s a new one on me, Debbi!   (Years and Years is written by Russell T. Davies: I THINK you’ll like it.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Babylon
Q2) Judah
Q3) Nebuchadnezzar II
Q4) Jeremiah
Q5) The First Temple
Take lots of care, and good luck with the job. I'm here until Tuesday afternoon, so I should be able to hear about it. Fingers crossed!

Debbi said...

I think I've seen Ian in the trailers. I'm pretty sure. :)

1. Babylon
2. Judah
3. Nebuchadnezzar II
4. Jeremiah
5. the First