Tuesday 16 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16-7-2019: To The Moon

16th July, 2019.


I haven’t had a phone call.

I’ll repeat that … I’ve not had a phone call.

Frankly?   Given one of the calls I’m expecting, this week, not getting a call could be good.

On the other hand?

I had an interview, on Friday:at a local betting shop.

And was expecting a call, yesterday: to let me know how I’d done.

Did I get a call … ?

Did I get a thing … ?

Nope!

I wonder why I bother, sometimes, I really do … !

~≈§≈~

In other news … ?

I saw this place on the BBC’s news channel, yesterday: telling us the late Alan Turing is now going to be commemorated: by having his face on the new, polymer, £50 note.

Personally?

That seems a good way to honour the man who invented the computer.


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The Apollo 11 mission to the Moon was launched: on 16th July of which year?
Q2) It was launched by NASA: the National Aeronautics and Space … what?
Q3) The mission had a three man crew: Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin … and who else?
Q4) That third crew member designed the mission’s what: flight controls, insignia or space helmet?
Q5) Finally … ?   Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the moon.   The third member piloted what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Which religious organisation was disbanded: on 15th July, 1834?
A1) The Spanish Inquisition.   (They didn’t expect THAT … !)
Q2) The last Confederate State to be readmitted to the Union, was readmitted on 15th July, 1870.   Which state was it?
A2) Georgia.
Q3) Parts of which country’s army attempted a coup: on 15th July, 2016?
A3) Turkey’s.
Q4) 15th July, 1919, saw the birth of writer, Iris Murdoch.   Name either one of the actresses who played her, in the film Iris
A4) Kate Winslet or Judi Dench.
Q5) Finally … ?   Mount Bandai erupted: on 15th July, 1888.   The Volcano is in which country … ?
A5) Japan.
Here’s a thought …
“I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth. No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important for the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish.”
President Kennedy, in the 1961 speech that committed the US to the moon launch.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I think I’ve missed out on the job, Anne!   I didn’t hear a thing!   It’s annoying!

†        You know, eating the pigeon is possibly a good idea, Olga^!   It would stop a lot of online piracy!   Take care, ok … ?

‡        I know what you mean, Debbi^: I’ve usually got a week or two’s teaser videos done.   I’m actually quite pleased: the Teaser videos have gone really Max Headroom!

^        OK, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition jokes … … … …

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)1969 (2)Administration (3) Michael Collins(4) Insignia(5)command module

Olga said...

Q1) 1969
Q2) Administration
Q3) Michael Collins
Q4) The insignia
Q5) The command module
I'm sorry you didn't hear anything about the job (you might still, but I agree they should say something if they said so), although, as you say, it's good you haven't heard anything negative about your test (they don't usually call if there is nothing to worry about). I'm off this afternoon, but I'll try to catch up and as when. Good luck with everything.

Debbi said...

Nope! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! :)

1. 1969
2. Administration
3. Michael Collins
4. insignia
5. the Command Module