Sunday 14 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14-7-2019: Vive la France

14th July, 2019.


It’s a Sunday … 

Obviously!

And frankly?

Well, my emotional state, this morning?

Is not necessarily the best it could be.

I had a CT scan on Thursday

Frankly?

I’m dreading the results.

Which could be serious.

Serious or otherwise, I can only take the attitude that we’re encouraged to take at various Twelve Step groups.

Taking it a day at a time, in other words … 

Lord, but that’s a challenge … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 14th July is Bastille Day: the national day of France.   What’s the capital of France?
Q2) Modern France law is based on a system inspired by which Emperor?
Q3) The French Riviera is called what, in French?
Q4) Which Celtic language is spoken in France … ?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which famous French church was hit by fire, this year … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th July, 587BC, saw the end of the Siege of Jerusalem.   The besieging army was from where?
A1) Babylon.   Or the Neo-Babylonian Empire, if you want precision.
Q2) At the time, Jerusalem was capital of the Kingdom of where … ?
A2) The Kingdom go Judah.
Q3) Who led the besieging army?
Q4) The Siege is described in which book of the Bible: Jeremiah, Joshua or Judges?
A4) Jeremiah.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which of the Temples was destroyed at the end of the siege: the First or Second?
A5) The First.
Here’s a thought …
“How can you govern a country that has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese‡?”
Charles de Gaulle, 22 November 1890 – 9 November 1970.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I’ll be keeping you posted, Olga.   I actually feel rather good about it: I’ve experience in a licensed trade, I’m local … and I think I impressed with a relevant question about the big prize fruit machines, fixed odd betting terminals, that are common in UK betting shops.

†         You’ve got me wondering, there, Debbi!   But I’ve double-checked: Ian McShane’s not in it!   I know there’s a made for TV movie of Deadwood, this year, if that’s any help … ?   Nice to see Ian McShane’s character’s as polite as ever ….  (Oh, it’s on HBO: as is Years and Years: I don’t know if you’ve got access to it … )


‡        Apparently?   There’s a French cheese called Pélardon.   Which got me thinking of old Jon Pertwee Doctor Who, stories, and Venusian lullabies!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Paris
Q2) Napoleon
Q3) Côte d'Azur
Q4) Breton
Q5) Notre-Dame
Yes, I should be able to catch up tomorrow and Tuesday morning. After that, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check. Best wishes.

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Paris (2)Napoleon Bonaparte(3)Côte d'Azur(4)Breton(5)Notre Dame

Debbi said...

I'm either seeing things or confusing my trailers. What can I say? :)

I've seen the Deadwood movie. I enjoyed it--especially Ian McShane. And, of course, the actors who played Bullock and Calamity Jane! :)

1. Paris
2. Napoleon
3. the Côte d'Azur
4. Breton
5. Notre Dame