Tuesday 2 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd July, 2019.

2nd July, 2019.


Yes, it’s officially official.

I’ve just had a haircut.

Which is  … 

OK, possibly not something that’s life-saving, Brexit preventing, or running around with its knickers in the air, yelling “Hello, I am Paul’s latest haircut.”

But … ?

I fell less shaggy.

That’s a good thing.

~≈§≈~

Did you read this article on the BBC’s website?

It seems the European Union has negotiated a trade: one that’s favourable to both sides.

But taken twenty years to negotiate.

Frankly?

This is where leaving the EU’s strike’s me as blatantly stupid.

There’s many who confidently say we’d be able to negotiate deals that are just as good.

Maybe

And yet?

All I can do is look at the fact deal took two decades to finalise.

Walking away from one that’s ready to go, from one that’s up and running, to make our own — one that could well take another two decades to sort out — seems as stupid as ever … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 2nd July, 1956, saw the birth of actress and model, Jerry Hall.   She’s featured in adverts for which beefy drink?
Q2) The Treaty of Tordesillas was ratified by Spain: on 2nd July, 1494.   The treaty divided the New World between Spain … and where … ?
Q3) In a raid on 2nd July, 1970, the Metropolitan Police seized a large cache of what, from three different addresses: drugs, guns or potatoes?
Q4) The first branch of Wal-Mart opened in the small town of Rogers.   Town and shop, were in which US State?
Q5) Finally … ?   2nd July, 1940, saw the arrest of Subhas Chandra Bose: one of the leaders of which country’s independence movement?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Watchtower, the magazine of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, was first published on 1st July: of which year?
A1) 1879.
Q2) It’s full (current) title is The Watchtower Announcing … what?
A2) The Watchtower AnnouncingJehovah’s Kingdom.
Q3) It was founded by whom?
Q4) The organisation he founded, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, are part of a bigger movement: called the Bible … what?
Q5) Finally … ?   Both the Witnesses, and The Watchtower, are headquartered in which US state?
A5) New York.   In Warwick, to be exact.
Here’s a thought …
“You can burn a lot of calories mopping the house.”
Jerry Hall, born July 2, 1956.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Morning!   I’ve got Years and Years pencilled in to watch later, Anne: once I’ve got through Good Omens.   Mind you, the third series of Stranger Things is out on Thursday … !   I just hope my Amazon orders don’t turn out like your Chinese: there’s always that one order, isn’t there … ?

†        Yeah, you’re right about the money, Olga: I know newer software has security fixes in them, but … … … … !   Yeah, the cash is helpful: means I can get new big ticket items.   My oven’s needed replacing for a while.

‡        Always a handy skill, Debbi!   Actually?   Adjustable spanners and mallets come in handy in the pub trade.  Especially for cask beers.   They’re useful for getting taps and spiles into the barrels  without banging your fingers … ummm … 

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Mick Jagger (2)Portugal (3) arms (4) Arkansas. (5)Indian
I've seen Good Omens, quite enjoyed it, I've seen the first season of Stranger Things. I do want to see Dark season 2 at some point

Olga said...

Q1) Bovril
Q2) Portugal
Q3) guns
Q4) Arkansas (I had no idea what you were talking about until I realised there were typos…. ink, two, instead of in and town…. Perhaps Grammarly… Not that I don’t have the same problem, no matter how many times I check)
Q5) India

I am always happy when I have a good haircut (I'm due one this Thursday, and with the heat, it's about time too!)

Debbi said...

Speaking of pubs, I'm reading a crime novel by a British author that refers to a pub that had pub quizzes. Thought of you! :)

1. Bovril
2. Portugal (or the Portuguese Empire)
3. guns
4. Arkansas
5. India