Sunday 28 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28th July, 2019

28th July, 2019.


Yep, I’ve got an interview on Tuesday: at one.

In a local shop!

Well, localish.

Over in Pilgrim’s Hatch, near where my daily lives.

Hopefully?

I might just end up with a job out of it.

That’s assuming I actually here back from them!

~≈†≈~

Oh … 

I have to admit, I’ve got Radio 4 on, at the mo.

I’m not especially religious: but the Sunday morning service can be rather relaxing.

I did notice the news, though.

That the government is now working on the assumption that the UK is heading for a no-deal Brexit.

I’m … 

I’m someone who voted Remain: and would do so again, were the option put to a second referendum.

So … ?

Frankly, any kind of Brexit* is something I don’t want.

Especially?   Especially a no deal one.

~≈†≈~

Oh, one last thing … ?   Something else floated across my news feeds.

It seems a British teenager is half of the duo that one the relevant event at the Fortnite World Cup, yesterday.

And won a mind-boggling amount of money as a result.

I’m not someone who plays it … but I’m willing to bet my nephew’s going to be interested … 

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi† putting in her answers:  scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Paddy Ashdown, MP, took over what’s now the Liberal Democrats: on 28th July, 1988.   At the time, he was MP for where?
Q2) The Volkswagen Act was enacted on 28th July, 1960.   The act — and the car company it privatised — were made in what’s now which country?
Q3) An 8.3 magnitude earthquake struck the city of Tangshan: on 28th July, 1976.   City, and quake, were in which country?
Q4) 28th July, 1635, saw the birth of Robert Hooke: scientist, architect, and all round polymath.   He helped rebuild London: after which event?
Q5) Finally … ?   28th July is World Hepatitis Day.   Hepatitis is a group of diseases that affect the … what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Osman 1st invaded Nicomedia: on 27th July of which year?
A1) 1299.
Q2) 27th July, 1921, saw Frederick Banting and his team, show insulin regulated what: blood sugar levels, heart rate or blood oxygen levels?
Q3) 27th July, 1977, saw the birth of Jonathan O’Keeffe.   He’s better known as which actor?
Q4) 27th July, 1952, saw the birth of actress, Roxanne Hart.   In which George Burns film does she play Wendy Shelton?
Q5) Finally … ?   The first transatlantic cable was completed: on 27th July, 1866.   It stretched from Valentia Island, in Ireland: to a town called Heart’s Content.   Heart’s Content is in which country?
A5) Canada: in Newfoundland.
Here’s a thought …
“I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense …”
Beatrix Potter, 28 July 1866 – 22 December 1943.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Also a worrying thing?   Is simply the fact that the Brexit Party were campaigning in Brentwood High Street, yesterday.   My response?   Was downright rude, whenever I saw their members.

†        Yeah, that does sound a little over the top, Debbi!   Blackouts are possibly the least of your problems!   (Like Trump.   We now have Boris as PM: and, given he’s ruled out a General Election?   No chance of replacing him.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


(1)Yeovil(2)Germany (3)China (4) Great Fire 1666 (5)Liver

Debbi said...

Yeah, Boris. Um ... you guys have my sympathies. :) Probably 90% or more of America's sympathies. :)

Talk about "interesting times", as the Chinese would say.

1. Yeovil
2. Germany
3. China
4. the Great Fire of London
5. liver

Just out of curiosity, is Boris as "vocal" on Twitter as Mr. Balloon Guy? :)