Tuesday 30 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30-7-2019: Oh, Mr Nolan

30th July, 2019.


Yes, I have an interview, today: over in Pilgrim’s Hatch, near where my family live.

And I’m not actually feeling nervous about it.

Possibly?

I’m getting older: or — ha! — more confident.

More possibly?

I’ve a lot more on my plate to worry about.

We’ll have to see how it goes.

~≈§≈~

As a quick thought: one I know Old Peculiar regular, Debbi, may disagree with me, here.

But I notice that a cross-party group of MPs on a fact finding mission to Canada who’ve publicly advocated legalisation of recreational cannabis: and feel it may, successfully, go through parliament in five to ten years time.

It’s not something I like the idea of.

I’ve met a few people, over the years, who’ve had various shades of schizo-affective disorder, or schizophrenia, and who’ve blamed their cannabis use for triggering or severely aggravating their condition.

Something I believe is supported by the little research I’ve been able to access.

Right here and now?

Legalising recreational cannabis use?

Is not something I feel I could support.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*,  and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 30th July, 1970, saw the birth of director, Christopher Nolan.   What was the name of his debut film?
Q2) Which Christopher Nolan film stars Jessica Chastain, Mackenzie Foy and Ellen Burstyn as Murph Cooper?
Q3) The 2019 Honours List saw Nolan receive what, for his services to film: an OBE, CBE or MBE?
Q4) 2017 saw the release of Nolan’s about a famous evacuation.   Which film?
Q5) Finally … ?   Nolan’s next film is to be released in 2020.   What’s it called?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 29th July, AD 615, saw Pakal ascend the throne of Palenque.   Palenque was a city state of which civilisation: the Toltec, Maya or Aztec?
A1) The Maya.
Q2) Palenque is in what’s now which Central American country?
A2) Mexico.
Q3) Pakal’s full name was Kʼinich Janaabʼ Pakal.   In part, his name means Sun … what?
A3) Shield.
Q4) Pakal was the Ajaw of Palenque.   Ajaw is loosely translated as which ‘L’: Lord, Lad or Lady?
A4) Lord.
Q5) Finally … ?   Palenque has a set of temples: on top of what?
A5) Pyramids: step pyramids, to be exact.
Here’s a thought …
“I think there's a vague sense out there that movies are becoming more and more unreal. I know I've felt it.”
Christopher Nolan.
And some music …


And a scene or two, Mr Nolan directed … 



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Oh, blimey, Anne, THERE’S a set I’ve not seen in a while!   The music in the original was the scariest thing going: and Billie Whitelaw, as the nanny?   Well … !


†        Possibly, Debbi.   I’ve made a point of not following him on Twitter.   Although, apparently, Boy George does.   That’s him unfollowed!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Much of the research on cannabis has been funded by people with agendas. Just so you know. There's a lot you may not know about the history, but I won't debate the matter. There is at least one really interesting book about the subject. Probably more than one.

In any case, you are free to believe as you wish. :)

1. Following
2. Interstellar
3. an OBE
4. Dunkirk
5. Tenet