Wednesday 31 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 31-7-2019: Fatboy Slim

31st July, 2019.


I have to confess … I had an interview, yesterday.

Which you’ll possibly already know.

It … 

Hmmm … 

You know, I couldn’t tell you if it went well, or badly.

I should hear, by next week.

Hmmm … 

~≈†≈~

You’ve personally worked out I’m something of an Apple fan.

I’ve never exactly hidden that.

So I noticed the news that both they, and Samsung, have seen profits fall.

I’m no economics expert, I’m really not.

But can’t help but think Apple hasn’t done anything innovative since the iPhone, or the original AppleTV.

Here’s hoping.

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers answers: scoring four out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 31st July, 1963, saw the birth of DJ and musician, Fatboy Slim.   What’s his real name?
Q2) Which band did he start his career with: the Housemartins, Beats International or the Sparks?
Q3) True or False: Fatboy is in the Guinness Book of Records.
Q4) What was the name of the first album Fatboy released: as Fatboy Slim?
Q5) Finally?   Mama Do The Hump was produced by Fatboy Slim.   Which band sang it?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 30th July, 1970, saw the birth of director, Christopher Nolan.   What was the name of his debut film?
A1) Following.
Q2) Which Christopher Nolan film stars Jessica Chastain, Mackenzie Foy and Ellen Burstyn as Murph Cooper?
Q3) The 2019 Honours List saw Nolan receive what, for his services to film: an OBE, CBE or MBE?
A3) A Commander of the Order of the British Empire, or CBE.
Q4) 2017 saw the release of Nolan’s about a famous evacuation.   Which film?
A4) Dunkirk.
Q5) Finally … ?   Nolan’s next film is to be released in 2020.   What’s it called?
A5) Tenet.
Here’s a thought …
“I make music for the hips, not the head.”
Fatboy Slim.
And some music† …




Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        It’s one of those subjects, Debbi, isn’t it?   I think there’s arguments either way.   I can’t argue with the medical use: the positive research has been floating around a while.   It’s the recreational that bothers me … !   (And, yes, I have used it, myself … )

†        OK, Weapon of Choice is possibly my favourite Fatboy tune: and yes, Fatboy’s a Dune fan.   That “Walk without rhythm,” line has its roots in a quote on p.287 of the New English Library version of the book: where Jessica counsels Paul about travel through the deserts of Arrakis by saying “It’d have to be sounds without rhythm.”   The sandworms head for rhythms.   Brimful of Asha?   Is possibly Fatboy’s best known remix. Oh, and the girl in the video for Slash Dot Com … ?   Is left handed.   I notice stuff like that … 

2 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Norman Cook (2)Housemartins, (3) True(4) Better Living Through Chemistry(5) Rizzle Kicks
Did my answers not go through just looking at the Blog names answers lol

Debbi said...

Congrats on landing that job! See, it happens when you least expect! :)

1. Quentin Leo Cook (also known as Norman Quentin Cook)
2. the Housemartins
3. true
4. Better Living Through Chemistry
5. Rizzle Kicka