Monday 22 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22-7-2019: Utøya Island

22nd July, 2019.


Hmmm … 

I’ll be honest, I’m … worrying.

Remember, about a week and a half ago, I had a CT scan?

I’m due to get the results, at some point, this week.

They say that no news is good news: and yes, not hearing is nerve-wracking.

But … ?

The sooner they get here, the better.

~≈§≈~

At any rate … ?

I’m thinking that the old saying amongst Alcoholics Anonymous members has a certain amount of appeal: they’d usually advise I should just worry about today.

Saying that … ?

The plan for the day is to head to town: and try to sell a keyboard!


I’ve got this old Mac keyboard: one that went with a vintage, first generation, iMac I had.

Granted, I could keep it: and see if it works as a USB hub with my current model.

Granted, I could just bin the thing.

But, this way … ?

I get to see if it can earn some cash.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Anne on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The film, 22nd July, is about a terrorist attack on Utøya Island, in Norway.   The attack was on 22nd July of which year?
Q2) The attacker also attacked targets in which city?
Q3) The attack was the deadliest in or on Norway, since when: World War 1, World War 2 or 9/11?
Q4) In the year falling the attacks, there were copycat attack: either planned, or carried out.   One in the Czech Republic.   The other was where: Poland, France or Latvia?
Q5) Finally … ?  At his trial, the attacker was found to be what: left handed, sane or evil?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first successful train robbery west of the Mississippi was carried out by the James-Younger Gang: on 21st July of which year?
A1) 1873.
Q2) The robbery was carried out near the town of Adair.   Town and robbery were in which US state?
A2) Iowa.
Q3) The gang are considered to have been led by Jesse James, and his brother.   Who WAS his brother?
A3) Frank James.
Q4) The gang had its origins in a group of Confederate bushwhackers.   Bushwhackers were a type of what: regular infantry, guerrilla fighters or cavalry?
Q5) Finally … ?   James was shot dead in 1882.   By whom?
Here’s a thought …
“My nightmares sometimes got really, really bad where I woke up in the middle of the night actually believing that I was shot.”
Lisa Marie Husby, one of the attack’s survivors.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Anne.   How was the weekend?

†        He’ll probably have to get Tetris from the App Store, then, Debbi!   Crooks with good PR men probably hasn’t stopped there: the original Robin Hood’s got centuries worth.   And did you ever here about the Kray twins?   There was a pair that did good PR.   (Yes, that is Judy Garland …)

2 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) 2011(2) Oslo (3)World War II. (4)Poland (5)sane
The weekend was fine I guess. I hope you hear soon on your results, anxiety must be terrible just waiting x

Debbi said...

I read a book about Garland's life. I'm not surprised. Her life really was kind of a mess.

1. 2011
2. Oslo
3. World War 2
4. Poland
5. sane