Monday 15 July 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th July, 2019

15th July, 2019.


Yes: I’m officially expecting news, today.

If you recall?

I had an interview on Friday: at a local betting shop.

Hopefully?   The manager will be phoning me, today, to let me know if I’ve got the job.

I’m … 

Well, it would be nice to get it: I felt my interview was fairly competent.

I don’t know for sure, though.

I’ll find out, today … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Badwolf†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Which religious organisation was disbanded: on 15th July, 1834?
Q2) The last Confederate State to be readmitted to the Union, was readmitted on 15th July, 1870.   Which state was it?
Q3) Parts of which country’s army attempted a coup: on 15th July, 2016?
Q4) 15th July, 1919, saw the birth of writer, Iris Murdoch.   Name either one of the actresses who played her, in the film Iris
Q5) Finally … ?   Mount Bandai erupted: on 15th July, 1888.   The Volcano is in which country … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 14th July is Bastille Day: the national day of France.   What’s the capital of France?
A1) Paris.
Q2) Modern France law is based on a system inspired by which Emperor?
Q3) The French Riviera is called what, in French?
A3) The Côte d’Azur.
Q4) Which Celtic language is spoken in France … ?
A4) Breton.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which famous French church was hit by fire, this year … ?
Here’s a thought …
“The chief requirement of the good life... is to live without any image of oneself.”
The Bell, 1958, Iris Murdoch, 15 July 1919 – 8 February 1999.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        So long as we get a postcard, Olga, we’re laughing.   (Remind me to tell you internet uploads … via carrier pigeon.)

†        Morning, Anne: how was the weekend … ?

‡        Oh, dear, Calamity Jane … !   I remember the Deadwood version of Calamity Jane, Debbi!   Lord knows what Doris Day makes of that!

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)The Spanish Inquisition (2) Georgia (3)Turkey (4) Judi Dench (5) Japan.
Fingers crossed for news on your job interview

Olga said...

Q1) The Spanish Inquisition (who would expect that, eh?)
Q2) Georgia
Q3) Turkey
Q4) Judi Dench and Kate Winslet
Q5) Japan
Knowing the people around there, they might shoot and eat the pigeons... Good luck for today! I hope to connect tomorrow morning, but we'll be getting ready to go, so don't worry if you don't see me around. Take care and best with the tests too, just in case I can't catch up tomorrow.

Debbi said...

I'll resist the urge to make a Monty Python joke here! :) Okay, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition. Arghh! :)

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

1. the Spanish Inquisition
2. Georgia
3. Turkey
4. Judi Dench and Kate Winslet
5. Japan

Saw The Zero Theorum this weekend. I liked it a lot!

I'll write up a review. Probably post it next month.

I'm trying to get stuff scheduled ahead of time. In batches, you know?

Good luck with the job. And the rest. :)