Wednesday 7 August 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-8-2019: Charlize Theron.

7th August, 2019.


Right … 

I start the new job, tomorrow: so … I’m thinking there’s one or two forms I need to fill in.

Including filling the job centre’s change of circumstances form: AND put in for a Back to Work Grant.

(I’m good at typos: I initially wrote Back to Wok, there.)

At any rate … ?

It’s … looking interesting, right now.


~≈§≈~

Just so everyone knows … ?

I was at my uncle’s funeral, yesterday.

I have to say, it went well enough.

And think he may have been pleased.

It’s only the second funeral I’ve been to where there’s been so many people attending it, there wasn’t enough seats.

Literally, standing room, only.

That’s quite something … 

~≈§≈~

As a final point … ?   One I’ve been meaning to mention for a while, now … 

Last Friday, a man from Dublin was arrested in Dover: trying to smuggle sixty handguns into the UK.

He’s since appeared in court.

Every statement I’ve seen about this?

Tells me that various law enforcement bodies believe the guns are heading for “organised crime.”

Personally?

I think it was heading for dissident republicans: ones unhappy about a No-Backstop Brexit.

I don’t like that idea.   But can’t say I’m surprised.

And have to ask … 

How many other consignments have got through … ?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*,  and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Charlize Theron was born: on 7th August, 1975.   In which country?
Q2) Her break-out film was the 1997, Keanu Reeves film called what?
Q3) She won the Best Actress Oscar in 2004: for her part in Monster.   Which real world serial killer did she play?
Q4) Who does Charlize voice in the upcoming animated version of The Addams Family?
Q5) Finally … ?   Charlize Theron played Imperator Furiosa.   In which film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 6th August, 1996, saw the Ramones play their farewell gig.   In which Californian city?
A1) Los Angeles.
Q2) Name any one of the members who played at that last gig.
A2) Joey Ramone, Johnny Ramone, CJ Ramone or Marky Ramone.   (Dee Dee also looked in fo a number or two.)
Q3) Name any one of the original Ramones lineup.
Q4) The band’s last surviving member died in 2014.   Who WAS he?
A4) Drummer, Tommy Ramone.
Q5) What was the band’s biggest UK hit?
A5) Baby I Love You, in 1980.
Q6) That hit came from the band’s 1980 album, End of the Century.   Who produced End of the Century?
A6) Phil Spector.   (Who is possibly the only person more screwed up than the band …)
Q7) What was the name of the Ramones first studio LP?
A7) Ramones.
Q8) Released in 1995, their last album was called … what?
Q9) Elvis Ramone was the band’s stand in drummer: for two shows in 1987.   The rare surviving Ramone is better known as Clem Burke: from which band?
A9) Blondie.   (Both bands played the CBGBs club in New York.)
Q10) Finally?   1993 saw the band appear in Rosebud: an episode of which show?
A10) The Simpsons.
Here’s a thought …
“Are you kidding me? I will fry my shoe and eat it.”
Charlize Theron, born on 7th August, 1975.
And a dance contest …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.







*        Morning, Anne!   Oh, did you ever hear of a movie called Brightburn?   It sounds interesting … 


†        Cheers, Debbi.   I’m just glad he got a good turn out.   I think that’s all we can ask for … 

2 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1)United States (2) The Devil's Advocate(3) Aileen Wuornos (4) Morticia Addams(5)Mad Max: Fury Road No haven't heard of that film, like the trailer thankyou

Debbi said...

Indeed!

1. South Africa
2. The Devil's Advocate
3. Aileen Wuornos
4. Morticia Addams
5. Mad Max: Fury Road