Thursday 22 August 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22-8-2019: John Lee Hooker

22nd August, 2019.


Right … I am officially up early.

As I have a 10 ’til 6 shift.

And an even earlier shift, tomorrow.

I’m … 

Yeah, I’ve think I’ve summed it up nicely, in the introduction.

I’m going to be wrecked, tomorrow night!

Pass me the caffeine!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*  and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 22nd August, 1917, saw the birth of singer/songwriter, John Lee Hooker.   His song, Boogie Chillen first reached №1 in the R&B charts in which year of the 1940s?
Q2) Hooker appears in The Blues Brothers: playing Boom Boom in Maxwell Street Market.   Outside a restaurant owned by whom?
Q3) Hooker released a version of Crawlin’ King Snake.   In which year?
Q4) Which Hooker tune reached № 8, in the UK, in 1964: Boom Boom, I’m in the Mood or Dimples?
Q5) Finally?   Hooker released a re-recorded version of I’m in the Mood in 1990.   It was performed as a duet with whom?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Latvia announced its renewed independence on the 21st August.   From where?
A1) The then USSR: which is now Russia.
Q2) The declaration  was in which year: 1918, 1990 or 1991?
A2) 1991.
Q3) What’s Latvia’s capital city?
A3) Riga.
Q4) What’s Latvia’s official language?
A4) Latvian.   (Although roughly a third of people speak Russian.)
Q5) Finally … ?   Jelgava, FK Metta and FK Spartaks Jūrmala, are all professional Latvian what?
Here’s a thought …
“I don’t think about time. You’re here when you’re here. I think about today, staying in tune.”
John Lee Hooker, August 22, 1917 – June 21, 2001.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        It’s tiring, Anne: but going well enough.   I’ll be a wreck, tomorrow afternoon, though!   I’ve seen Books of Blood.   It’s good.   But not as good as Midnight Meat Train!   (You might want to wander through my movie posts: I’d love to hear your thoughts on any you’ve seen!)


†        Isn’t it always the way, Debbi?   😀   Oh, The Cooler’s up next, so you know.   (Actually, I’m finishing off The Final Reflection.   It’s worth a serious read: although I don’t think the audio does it any justice!)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)1948 (2) Aretha Franklin. (3)1949 (4"Dimples" (5)"Dimples"

Debbi said...

Interesting. I'll have to add that to the ever-growing list! :)

1. 1949
2. Aretha Franklin
3. 1949
4. Dimples
5. Bonnie Raitt

Debbi said...

Wow! Not to sound full of myself, but I could narrate that book better. :) Um ...