Saturday 3 August 2019

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse — A Review

2nd August, 2019.


Hmmm … 

There’s a lot going on.

In theory, anyway.

If you’ve read my Daily Teaser post for this morning, you’ll know that I’ve potentially either not … or not got a job.

It comes down to the paperwork.

I’ve got adoption papers that everything I see tells me are acceptable proof of my right to work in the UK.   I was born in Bexley, for heavens sake!

My potential manager is disagreeing … 

~≈§≈~

As you can imagine?

I’m not pleased with that: nor with the fact that Monday’s the earlier day this could be resolved.

That’s when my prospective manager will be able to speak with her Human Resources Department.

I’m thumb twiddling, until then.

Oh …

And catching up with a movie or two.


~≈§≈~

Based, very loosely, on the comic of the same name, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces us to the teenage school boy, Miles Morales (Shameik Moore): a lad having trouble fitting into his school, and finding life difficult.

And finding the mysterious Spiderman as inspirational as his Uncle Aaron (Mahershala Ali.)

It’s while he’s out with Aaron … ?

That’s he’s bitten by a radioactive spider.

It’s only after getting home … ?



That Miles realises he’s changing: and that the changes started after he got bitten.



And, when he returns to where this happened?

In an effort to find the spider?

That his troubles really start.

~≈§≈~



Now … 



Am I feeling tired?



Lord, yes.

I will be happily climbing into the sack as soon as possibly.

But … ?



I have to admit, I’ve watched a fun film, tonight: well written, with sympathetic characters, beautifully paced.



And with animation like nothing I’ve seen.

Frankly?



You could argue Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is lightweight.

Fluffy, even.

It might be.



But with visuals like this, casting and writing like this, and just sheer fun oozing out of every frame?

You’d be stupid to miss Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
★★★☆

No comments: