Sunday 11 July 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th July, 2021.

11th July, 2021.


It’s official: I had a bad night’s sleep, last night.

Up and down to the loo, lord knows how many times!

One of these days?

I’ll learn how to avoid diet colas!

~≈🥤≈~

Did I mention Friday … ?   Just gone … ?   Friday 9th … ?

When I went out … ?

I was hearing music: from somewhere!

It turns out it was someone holding an illegal rave in Kelvedon, about two miles away.

I was wondering what was going on … !

~≈🎹≈~

Just as a last piece of news?

You’re probably aware of situation in the area: with the phone masts.

The local mobile phone mast — on top of Ewing House — was taken down in June of 2020.

And never replaced.

There’s been talk of various replacements alternative sites: including at Pastoral Way, at the old Warley Hospital site, and at the Coptford Road multi-storey carpark.

I’ve just seen a recent piece of news, courtesy of the Yellow Advertiser.

It seems the Pastoral Way site has been turned down.

But the Coptfold Road site could still go ahead.

Here’s hoping.

~≈📱≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Debbi^ and Edith‡, putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on nine, and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        11th July is the Day of the Flemish Community in the Flemish people’s home nation.   The Flemish people live in which European country: Andorra, Belgium or Croatia?

Q2)        11th July is Imamat Day: marking the day the Aga Khan, the Nizaria Ismaili leader, took office.   The Nizari Ismaili are a branch of which religion: Christianity, Islam or Judaism?

Q3)        Fashion designer, Giorgio Armani, was born on 11th July, 1934.   Which European country is he from: France, Italy or Spain?

Q4)        A century earlier, 11th July, 1834, saw the birth of American painter, James Whistler.   His Arrangement in Grey and Black, № 1 is also known as Whistler’s what: Whistler’s Mother, Whistler’s Grandma or Whistler’s Aunty?

Q5)        Finally … ?   UK veterans marked the 70th Anniversary of which World War One battle, on 11th July, 1987: Passchendaele , Ypres or Gallipoli?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Wyoming joined the USA on 10th July: of which year of the 1890s?
A1)        1890.

Q2)        It was which star to do so: the 42nd, 43rd or 44th?
A2)        The 44th.

Q3)        It’s known as the what state: Coyboy State, Cowboy State or Codboy state?
A3)        Cowboy State.   (I’m hoping either Debbi or Edith will point out Wyoming’s nowhere near the coast. Or shy.)

Q4)        Wyoming’s capital is named after one of America’s native peoples.   Which native peoples?
A4)        The Cheyenne.

Q5)        No member of that tribe call Wyoming’s one Reservation — the Wind River Indian Reservation — home.   Name either one of the two tribes that do.

Q6)        Wyoming has a what on its flag: a bison, an eagle or a groundhog?
A6)        A Bison.

Q7)        Wyoming is bordered by six other states.   Name one of them.
A7)        Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Idaho, Utah or Colorado.

Q8)        Wyoming has two US National Parks. Grand Teton National Park is one.   What’s the other?
A8)        Yellowstone National Park.

Q9)        Parts of The Outlaw Josey Wales was filmed in Wyoming.   Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales: Sam Peckinpah, Clint Eastwood or the Honourable Sarah Ward?
A9)        Clint Eastwood. Peckinpah did westerns: just not this one.   The Honourable Sarah is better known as actress, Lalla Ward: Romana, in other words.

Q10)        Finally … ?   Devils Tower is a monument in Wyoming.   It was used in which Steven Spielberg film: Jaws, ET: The Extraterrestrial or Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Here’s a thought … 
“Every time I go out onto a tennis court, I know what to expect.”
Caroline Wozniacki, born 11 July 1990.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I can do a nineteen question set if you want, Olga.   Debbi and Edith will both complain, though!   And lord knows what Trevor would say!
Oh, there’s a Yogi Bear movie … !


†        Hello, Mum!

‡        Did you know Spike, and The Goon Show, were a major inspiration for the Monty Python team?   That’s why he makes a brief cameo in The Life of Brian.


^        My pleasure, Edith, every time!   Oh, I hope the songs show up: I can never think of Tammy’s version, without thinking of the Blues Brothers version!


5 comments:

trev-v said...

Yes I too had a bed night's sleep. Mine was due to pains in the side of my left knee. Woke me about every hour. Do not know why it does this at odd time. I regularly take all of my medications, I take two pain killing pill each morning and evening but odd times I have problems at night.

I of course will be watching the Soccer in my England kit. Freshly laundered yesterday to get rid of stains from Wednesday's game. Mainly odd spots of red wine.

I understand the Scottish Sunday papers are supporting Italy.

Nik Nak said...

I can’t say I blame them, Trevor: England DID help Scotland to not get out of the group stages … 

Olga said...

Q1) Belgium

Q2) Islam

Q3) Italy

Q4) Whistler’s Mother

Q5) Passchendaele
Thankfully it wasn't today the long set, because I've gone for a long walk, and with the heat and everything, 5 questions are about as much as I can manage. At the risk of repeating myself, good luck with the mast. I'm a drinker of diet coke (well, rather the zero equivalent by Lidl), so I know what you mean.

Debbi said...

I do remember you telling me about Spike and the Goon Show. I'd nearly forgotten how funny the guy was.

1. Belgium
2. Islam
3. Italy
4. Whistler's Mother
5. Passchendaele

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Belgium
2. Islam
3. Italy
4. Mother
5. Gallipoli

Thank you for those wonderful videos.
You could tell the actors in the Blues Brothers love music. Did Steve Lawrence sing in it?