Friday 23 July 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23rd July, 2021.

23rd July, 2021.


It’s officially official: I’ve more meetings, today.

Well, I say meetings: one’s the training course I’ve been on, the othe, a phone meeting with my new — and Basildon based — Work Coach.

My Job Centre case worker, in other words.

That, and the fact it’s payday … ?

Means I’m due to be running about a lot.

Running about: with earworms.   I woke up to The Quartermasters Stores, which shifted to If I Were a Rich Man … 

And then transformed into the background music to Tetris.

Oy … vey … 




~≈Ê≈~

JUST as a final thought thought … ?

You’ve possibly realised I’m something of a Dune fan.

The novel’s been on my bookshelves for much of my life.

So the upcoming film … ?   Is definitely of interest.

The main trailer?   Got released in the UK, yesterday.

OK: I don’t know it makes the film look as texturally authentic as I’d like.


But it does make it look good.

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Trevor†, Edith‡ and Debbi^ and putting in their answers: with Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four and Edith on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        Air Canada Flight 143 made a forced landing in Gimli: on 23rd July, 1983.   Where IS Gimli: Canada, the USA or Mexico?

Q2)        Comedian, Jo Brand, was born on 23rd July, 1957.   She’s a former what: show jumper, psychiatric nurse or solicitor?

Q3)        Daniel Radcliffe was born: on 23rd July, 1989.   He plays Igor in what: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Swiss Army Man, Victor Frankenstein, or Imperium?

Q4)        23rd July, 1984 saw a number of cases of cancer were found not to be linked to a Sellafield what: nuclear power plant, weapons research plant or chemical weapons research base?

Q5)        Finally … ?   23rd July, 1976, saw the birth of Judit Polgár.   She plays what: Draughts, Chess or Go?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        22nd July is the feast day of Mary Magdalene.   She’s the patron saint of whom: tanners, shoe makers or cheesewrights?
A1)        Tanners

Q2)        22nd July, 1992, saw the birth of actress and singer, Selena Gomez.   Her TV career started in 2002: when she appeared in which children’s show: Play School, The Mickey Mouse Club or Barney and Friends?
A2)        Barney and Friends.

Q3)        The small American town of Albany was chartered on 22nd July, 1686.   It’s now capital of which US state?
A3)        New York.

Q4)        Earthquakes struck Dingxi: on 22nd July, 2013.   Dingxi is where: China, Japan or Korea … ?
A4)        China.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Philip 1st of Castile was born: on 22nd July, 1478.   He was known as Philip the what: Handsome, Tall or Fat?
A5)        Philip the Handsome.   He was also known as Philip the Fair.
Here’s a thought … 
“I went, I got sober when I was 22 years old. You get panicked and I got panicked for my life.”
Philip Seymour Hoffman, July 23, 1967 – February 2, 2014.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum … 

        Tactfully, Trevor, I’m saying nothing!   (Leather making AND sexual temptation.   The less said the better.)

        Oh, bless you for telling me that, Edith: and thank you, that’s made my morning!   :D   I think that’s a cue for a song.   (Blimey, I forgot Robin Williams was in the video.   Wasn’t his death a loss?)


^        You’re right, Debbi, he was!   It’s very easy to forget!   And it’s a pleasure!   (Oh, did you catch the Dune trailer?   I don’t know if it’d be up your street, but it looks good.)

3 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Canada
A2 psychiatric nurse
A3 Victor Frankenstein
A4 .nuclear power plant
A5 Chess

original question3

Q3)        Daniel Radcliffe was born: on 23rd July, 1989.   He plays Igor in what: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Swiss Army Man, or Imperium?

No comment.



Freda said...

1 Canada
2 Psychiatric nurse
3 Victor Frankenstein
4 Nuclear power plant
5 GO

Debbi said...

I'll have to take a look at it. I remember the book (vaguely) and have seen parts of the one with Kyle McLaughlin. The sand worms always freaked me out a bit. :)

1. Canada (it's also a Middle Earth character!)
2. psychiatric nurse
3. Victor Frankenstein
4. nuclear power plant
5. Chess