Wednesday, 24 April 2013

The Brentwood Gazette’s Weekly Teaser — 24-4-2013: Falling Troy

Blimey … 

I have to admit, it’s not that often I repeat a question.

Except I just might have, today … !

Just shows you want happens when you take your eye off the ball for ten minutes … !

At ANY rate … ?

At any rate, here’s today’s Brentwood Gazette Teaser … 
Q1) 24th April, 1184BC, is the traditional date of the fall of Troy: after a war between the Trojans, and whom … ?
Q2) More to the point, Troy fell after a siege of how many years: ten, fifteen or twenty … ?
Q3) Troy’s enemies fooled the Trojans, and entered the city, hidden in a wooden what … ?
Q4) What was the name of the famous Greek poem about the Trojan War … ?
Q5) Who exactly wrote that poem … ?
Q6) That poet wrote a follow-up: about whose adventures on his way home from the Trojan War … ?
Q7) That Greek hero was also known as Ulysses: Ulysses was also the name of a novel by which Irish author … ?
Q8) The Trojan War was started when Prince, Paris of Troy, eloped with which Greek queen … ?
Q9) What’s the name of William Shakespeare’s play about the Trojan War … ?
Q10) And finally … who played Achilles in the 2004 film, ‘Troy’ … ?
And here’s last week’s questions and answers …
Questions.
Q1) 17th April, 1897, saw a UFO spotted over the small US town of Aurora: in which US state is Aurora … ?
Q2) According to reports, what was the UFO shaped like: a saucer, a cigar or a triangle …?
Q3) In which newspaper was the incident first reported: the Dallas Morning News, the El Paso Times or the Galveston Daily News … ?
Q4) Back on to our subject: what does UFO stand for … ?
Q5) The earliest known British UFO sighting was near which Essex town:  Witham, Basildon or Rochford … ?
Q6) In which year of this century did the Ministry of Defence close its UFO investigation department … ?
Q7) The US Army Air Force apparently captured a UFO, and its pilot, in Roswell, New Mexico.   In which year of the 1940s was this … ?
Q8) Which former US President saw a UFO, in 1969 … ?
Q9) What’s the name of the Gerry Anderson series, about an organization called SHADO, bravely fighting UFOs … ?
Q10) And finally … which US series follows two FBI agents, chasing UFOS, aliens and strange cases … ?
Answers.
A1) Texas.
A2) A cigar.
A3) The Dallas Morning News.
A4) Unidentified Flying Object.
A5) Rochford.
A6) 2009.
A7) 1947.
A8) Jimmy Carter.
A9) ‘UFO’.
A10) ‘The X-Files’.
Enjoy those … !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.